SYSMASTER SQL

Post by panet.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The following SQL session is shown everytime I start my development
instance.  Anyone have a clue as to what it means.  What is it doing?
Where did it come from? etc.  Thanks in advance.

select 1 from systrans where bitval( tx_flags, 1024 ) <> 0 and ? >=
    tx_logbeg

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

SYSMASTER SQL

Post by irwin_goldst.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> The following SQL session is shown everytime I start my development
> instance.  Anyone have a clue as to what it means.  What is it doing?
> Where did it come from? etc.  Thanks in advance.

> select 1 from systrans where bitval( tx_flags, 1024 ) <> 0 and ? >=
>     tx_logbeg

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Most likely you have "onprobe" running in support of "oncockpit".  If
you are not familiar with this, check with your DBA/Sysadmin or whoever
set up the instance to begin with.  You may not need/want to have
onprobe running if you are not using oncockpit or onprobe alarms (not
to be confused with the ALARMSCRIPT).

HTH,

--
Irwin Goldstein
Objective Software Systems, Inc.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. lockwaits sysmaster sql on 64 bit engine

Hi all,

I've been using the lockwait SQL provided on the iiug script
collection under sysmaster.sql for pulling the lockwait information on
32 bit instance. Look like the same one doesn't work for 64 bit
engine.

Here are the version information...

32 bit instance is 7.31.UD3/HP 11.0
64 bit is 7.31.FD3/HP 11.0

I would like to know the corresponding SQL for 64 bit version since
the below one is not working for 64 bit instance. I know I can pull it
using "onstat" option but badly looking for a SQL to pull it from the
sysmaster. Please see the working SQL under 32 bit given below.
Thanks a lot in advance.

--Danny

Xdatabase sysmaster;
Xselect         dbsname,
X       b.tabname,
X       rowidr,
X       keynum,
X       e.txt   type,
X       d.sid   owner,
X       g.username ownername,
X       f.sid   waiter,
X       h.username waitname
Xfrom   syslcktab a,
X       systabnames b,
X       systxptab c,
X       sysrstcb d,
X       sysscblst g,
X       flags_text e,
X       outer ( sysrstcb f , sysscblst h  )
Xwhere  a.partnum = b.partnum
Xand    a.owner = c.address
Xand    c.owner = d.address
Xand    a.wtlist = f.address
Xand    d.sid = g.sid
Xand    e.tabname = 'syslcktab'
Xand    e.flags = a.type
Xand    f.sid = h.sid
Xinto temp A;
X-- Some fields are commented out to fit on an 80 column display
Xselect         dbsname,
X       tabname,
X       rowidr,
X       -- keynum,
X       type[1,4],
X       owner,
X       ownername
X       -- waiter,
X       -- waitname
Xfrom A
Xorder by dbsname, tabname, owner ;

2. Crystal Reports difficulty

3. Sysmaster SQL tables

4. Newbie - Multiple Oracle Homes

5. Need a sysmaster sql to find I/O meister.

6. Simple SQL question

7. Is sysmaster db always called sysmaster?

8. MS SQL as a DRDA requestor

9. sysmaster and 7.23

10. sysmaster question on blobspaces

11. using sysmaster in 9.x

12. Getting per session pagread stats (without sysmaster).

13. Sysmaster table equivalent to onstat-p