Online 6/Solaris 2.3/Inet 5.01

Post by Charles Stewa » Thu, 02 Feb 1995 22:13:53

I have been trying for some time to successfully connect a
PC application via Inet 5.01 to an Online 6 instance running
under Solaris 2.3.

I have been constantly thwarted by error 952 - users password is
not correct for database server.

Informix tell me that this was due to the Solaris 2 box running as
an NIS client and using C2 security which is not supported. However
having removed both these facilities the 952 is still returned from the
PC.

We now have a Sparc 20 with Solaris 2.3 which we are unable to
use with Inet, although it is 100% under a shell; dbaccess is
fine, locally and between unix servers.

Has anybody got any clues as to the problem, or even had a similar
experience.

Many thanks for any input,

Charles Stewart
Systems Admin
Lloyds International Factors.

Online 6/Solaris 2.3/Inet 5.01

Post by Malcolm Weallan » Fri, 03 Feb 1995 08:35:23

Possible causes of -932

I had many 932s in trying to get HST talking to OnLine.  My solutions to
932 errors included:-
1.  Incorrect host file on the PC
2.  No services file (not in the right place) on the PC
3.  No SQLEXECD process running on the UNIX end.
and 4.  An incorrect password!!!

Malcolm Weallans
Online Database Consultancy
2 Arkley Court
Maidenhead
Berks
SL6 2YR
Phone 0628-72154
Fax 0628-37463
CIX - onlinedbc

1. Solaris 2.3 & Online 5.01

We are going to start using a new sparc running Solaris 2.3 and Inf.
Online 5.01.  Has anyone had any experience with this combination?
I would like to know what problems, if any, to expect. (Don't we all.
:>)

Thanks
robert
robert m. read

2. Foreign Key & Rule confusion RE: Lost Trigger(s)?

3. INET 5.01 for NT and ONLINE 5.01

4. Re-using Cursors in DBMS_SQL

5. Migration Q: Solaris 2.3, OnLine 6.0

6. I Never Thought I Would See

7. Informix Online 5.01 versus Online 7.x

8. How do you find out someone's level of Sybase Knowledge?

9. Online config for I-NET PC 5.01 to Online 7.1

10. Coexistance of INets 5.01 & 7.12/7.22

11. Coexistance of INets 5.01 & 7.12/7.2

12. Inet PC 5.01: Error SQLCode -457

13. Problem with INet/PC 5.01