tell me the method to access database?

Post by HEO SI YOUN » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have three database and many tables..
In my project, the access program to database is required.
this program has general functions.
that is, arbitrary databases, arbitrary tables, and arbitrary fields.

example)

 DB_access( database name, table name , field name, constraint , ...)

please help me.

If you know the method to make this function, tell me that..

i use c language and informix dbms.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

Post by Art S. Kage » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I have three database and many tables..
> In my project, the access program to database is required.
> this program has general functions.
> that is, arbitrary databases, arbitrary tables, and arbitrary fields.

> example)

>  DB_access( database name, table name , field name, constraint , ...)

> please help me.

> If you know the method to make this function, tell me that..

> i use c language and informix dbms.

You need an interface library.  Informix has two available, ESQL/C and
CLI.  ESQL/C, or Embedded SQL in C, includes a precompiler that allows
one to embed SQL statements directly into one's C code, thus:

EXEC SQL SELECT col1, col2, col3 FROM table1 WHERE col4 = :hostvar;

The CLI product is an implementation of the ODBC interface for Informix
database servers and is similar to the interface that you suggest.
Contact your Informix sales rep. if you do not have one of these.

Art S. Kagel

1. how to tell if the database is ms access

I need to know whether i'm connected to an ms access db or sql server. my
application only supports these two (and I'm not too interested in
discussing why). Anyways, what i'm currently doing now is I connect to the
db then check the Provider property string against "SQLOLEDB.1". worked so
my testing so far but some feedback from users seem to indicate this method
doesn't work properly. are there any other better ways to find this info?

2. making app cluster-aware

3. Please tell me the best 815 to 816 migrate method

4. Derek Morgan

5. Preliminary statistics for The Binary Sort Access Method [BSAM], a sorting method

6. SCO Foxbase+ 2.1.2 (batch processing)

7. Batch file method of Converting Text File to Access Database

8. Looking for a GURU in DC area.

9. need help with Datagrid / ADO Data Control / Access Database / delete method

10. using JRO compactdatabase method to repair corrupt access 2000 database

11. What Database Access Method Should I Use?

12. Visual C++ and database access methods