OnLine Dynamic Server 7.2 Vs INFORMIX Dynamic Server 7.3

OnLine Dynamic Server 7.2 Vs INFORMIX Dynamic Server 7.3

Post by Nils Myklebu » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998 14:40:44 -0500, Ben Jazi

>What are the major differences between  INFORMIX-OnLine Dynamic Server
>7.2 and INFORMIX Dynamic Server 7.3?  Is it ORDBMS vs RDMBS?

No, IDS 9.x is the ORDBMS. This autumn the 7.3 and 9.x code lines will
be merged into one so from IDS 9.2 the ORDBMS functionality will be a
true option to the server.

The new features and functionality of 7.3 is best described here:
http://www.informix.com/de/produkte/ids/ids73.html

This is in german, so it may be a problem. You may understand a few
key points even if you don't read german.
I don't know know of any other good description of the new things.
At the Informix site there is some information in:
http://www.informix.com/informix/press/1998/ids73.htm
At http://www.informix.com/answers there is also a technical overview
of the new features in the Guide to SQL: Syntax manual for IDS 7.3 and
in some other manuals.

Nils Myklebust
NM Data AS
Norway

FAQ at: http://www.iiug.org/techinfo/faq/faq_top.html
(Now with ODBC info under "Third party products".)

Post by Stephan Stresi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> What are the major differences between  INFORMIX-OnLine Dynamic Server
> 7.2 and INFORMIX Dynamic Server 7.3?  Is it ORDBMS vs RDMBS?

> Thanks,
> Ben

I don't know the differences in detail but you could check the following
pages, where IDS 7.3 is described (of course, no cons, only pros ;-):

     http://www.informix.com/informix/techbriefs/ids/ids.htm.

Regards,
      Stephan.

--
Stephan Stresing

Media Systeme
Gesellschaft fuer Druck & Verlag mbH
Suedwestpark 48
D-90449 Nuernberg
Phone +49 911 6809-113
  Fax +49 911 6809-110

  WWW http://www.mediasys.triple-p.com

1. How to migrate database on Online Dynamic Server 7.2 to Online Dynamic Server 7.1

Hi,

I have generate my application with Online Dynamic Server 7.22 on AIX
(IBM RS6000) and now I want the same application, with the same database
run on Sun Solaris 2.5 with the previous release of Online Dynamic
Server (i.e release 7.13).
My question is:
        Could give me the best procedure to perform on my first environment
(AIX) and the steps to do on target platform ?

Many thanks for your help,

Chris.

2. Exporting Oracle table to a plain ASCII file

3. PRESS: INFORMIX-ONLINE DYNAMIC SERVER? 7.2

4. CursorLocation question

5. Online Dynamic Server 7.3 : Index not used!

6. Dynamic Cursor

7. Raw device problem (Informix Dynamic Server 2000 V9.21.UC2 on Red Hat 7.3)

8. Books for MCDBA Exam

9. Informix 7.3 Dynamic Server Array passed to a Stored Procedure

10. HELP! Informix Dynamic Server 7.3

11. OLE DB for Informix Dynamic Server 7.3 Workgroup Edition for NT

12. Informix Dynamic Server 7.3

13. concurrent connections to Informix Dynamic Server 7.3...