import informix data in other database appl

import informix data in other database appl

Post by deven lu » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

We have an application develloped by one of our collaborators in informix.
The person is now heavily ill and as he is the only one who can use the
application we are stuck. As we want to use the date, without changing
anything to the program, i would like to retrieve the data in an ordinary
access file.
Is this possible without special odbc drivers ? If not where can i find
these drivers ?

Thanks for your help

Post by Rudy Fernande » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> We have an application develloped by one of our collaborators in informix.
> The person is now heavily ill and as he is the only one who can use the
> application we are stuck. As we want to use the date, without changing
> anything to the program, i would like to retrieve the data in an ordinary
> access file.
> Is this possible without special odbc drivers ? If not where can i find
> these drivers ?

> Thanks for your help

The ODBC driver is part of the Client SDK kit available free from
http://www.intraware.com.

Rudy

import informix data in other database appl

Post by Leo Monro » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You can unload the data into and ascii file by using the Informix unload
command:

unload to "<path/filename.unl>" select * from <tablename>

to load the data back into the table type the following:

load from "<path/filename.unl>" insert into <tablename>

Good luck

Post by Imran Hussai » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Try WinSQL Professional at http://www.indus-soft.com/winsql

> You can unload the data into and ascii file by using the Informix unload
> command:

> unload to "<path/filename.unl>" select * from <tablename>

> to load the data back into the table type the following:

> load from "<path/filename.unl>" insert into <tablename>

> Good luck

> > We have an application develloped by one of our collaborators in informix.
> > The person is now heavily ill and as he is the only one who can use the
> > application we are stuck. As we want to use the date, without changing
> > anything to the program, i would like to retrieve the data in an ordinary
> > access file.
> > Is this possible without special odbc drivers ? If not where can i find
> > these drivers ?

> > Thanks for your help

Imran Hussain

For FREE Software visit
http://www.imranweb.com/freesoft

1. Conversion of Informix appl. and database to Oracle

Hi,

We have an informix 7.3 application, and we have customers who want it
on Oracle. We need to know the issues involved. We have a mid size informix
database on a raw disk.

Specifically, if you can answer any of the following:
Database:
1. What are the issues in converting an Informix DB to Oracle ?
2. How are datatypes change. (We don't use any BLOBS).
3. Do the table schemas change ?
4. Is Oracle administration easier or difficult than Informix ?
5. Would Oracle need more disk space for same size dB (e.g for control info ?)

Application(we use embedded dynamic sql programming):
1. Does the programming change much ? or we can simply compile with Oracle
   libraries with minor changes ?
2. Are there dev. features in informix that are not availabale in Oracle or
   are available in ways that will change much of our system in Oracle ?
3. We write ACE reports in Informix, how is that impacted ?

Are there any other serious issues I forgot to ask here ?

Also, is there any online doc. and book that addresses Informix and Oracle
porting  ?

Please also CC me in your reply.
Thanks much for any pointers.

AH

2. DBCENTURY and 4GL

3. HELP: which database (oracle, sybase, informix, others) for webserver

4. how do i store a query?

5. TIMER (having resolution in seconds)

6. Importing Views and others things

7. Please Help me!

8. Informix Appl Dev. Job opportunity

9. Informix Appl Developers position in Houston, TX

10. Appl. Software Promax on Informix

11. Problem in importing data from Progress database to MS-SQL Server 7 database