Database mirroring without ER or RDH ??

Post by Stefan Schuste » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi,
does anybody know of a solution to mirror database contents via Internet on
different platforms and OS's ? I know about the HDR (High Availability Data
Replication) feature of OnLine, but our problem is that this feature does only
work on identical machines and OS's.
So what I'm looking for is a way to update several mirror database servers in a
non redundant manner (only changed entries are updated). Our Informix OnLine
Version 7 does not have a C-interface that allows for data access and
manipulation by an external application, so it's impossible to solve the problem
by writing an external application that handles the mirroring.
Any hints appreciated

cheers,
Stefan
--
Stefan Schuster                         |  phone:++34-4-420 95 19
European Software Institute, ESI        |  fax: ++34-4-420 94 20

48170 Bilbao, Vizcaya                   |  http://www.esi.es
Spain

Post by stefa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hi,
> does anybody know of a solution to mirror database contents via Internet on
> different platforms and OS's ? I know about the HDR (High Availability Data
> Replication) feature of OnLine, but our problem is that this feature does only
> work on identical machines and OS's.
> So what I'm looking for is a way to update several mirror database servers in a
> non redundant manner (only changed entries are updated). Our Informix OnLine
> Version 7 does not have a C-interface that allows for data access and
> manipulation by an external application, so it's impossible to solve the problem
> by writing an external application that handles the mirroring.
> Any hints appreciated

> cheers,
> Stefan
> --
> Stefan Schuster                         |  phone:++34-4-420 95 19
> European Software Institute, ESI        |  fax: ++34-4-420 94 20

> 48170 Bilbao, Vizcaya                   |  http://www.esi.es
> Spain

Hi,

what about "trigger" based replication ?

Bye

Stefan

1. How to replace an active log device without mirroring

The mirror trick should have worked unless the log1 device is failing....

The only other possibility (if) the device fragment is a whole disk partition
the create a new disk partition "exactly' the same size, use the UNIX [dd]
command to move the data to the new device then update the sysdevices table
with the new device location and reboot the server.

NOTE: Even though I have done this in the past, it is not supported by sybase
and could cause major problems if not done correctly.

Good luck.

2. Please Help: Shouldn't this work?

3. To mirror or not to mirror

4. SQL 7.0 Maintenance Plan Change

5. Redo: OS Mirror vs. Oracle mirror

6. Model (Read-Only)

7. O/S Mirroring vs. Sybase Mirroring

8. newbie that needs some guidance

9. Sybase Disk Mirroring vs Solaris Disk Mirroring

10. Sybase mirroring vs AIX 4.1.2 mirroring

11. Costs/Benefits of Sybase mirroring vs (HP) Unix mirroring

12. mirror, mirror

13. Sybase Mirroring vs Solaris Mirroring