memory problem on 7.31 UC4

Post by vonbonga.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

We are running two  instances of IDS on a HP-UX machine.

One instance used by 4GL programs shows a constant amount of allocated shared
memory over a period of nearly 3 months.

The other instance is used by a client program written with Centura and using
a native Centura driver. This instance consumed huge amounts of memory
(growing from 20 MB to 650 MB ) over this 3 month period. There were about 60
dynamically allocated shared memory segments, which could not be released
with onmode -F.

Onperf showed that after all client connections were closed in the evening
the used shared memory was about 7 MB higher compared to last night.

Did anybody observe such a problem or has any hints . ????

Rainer von Bongartz
Deutsche Immobilien Leasing
Duesseldorf, Germany

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

memory problem on 7.31 UC4

Post by Fergus Hayn » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I run 2 instances of IDS 7.31UC3, HP-UX 10.20 and Baan.  Since upgrading
from 7.21 to 7.31 we have been having memory problems.  The two instances
keep allocating more and more shared memory segments.  The system begin to
run out of shared memory (1.75Gb) within a week of starting the database up.

You do not want the database to grow beyond 3 shared memory segments on
HP-UX 10.20 or your performance will be hit.
--
Fergus Hayne
Systems Administrator

Quote:> We are running two  instances of IDS on a HP-UX machine.

> One instance used by 4GL programs shows a constant amount of allocated
shared
> memory over a period of nearly 3 months.

> The other instance is used by a client program written with Centura and
using
> a native Centura driver. This instance consumed huge amounts of memory
> (growing from 20 MB to 650 MB ) over this 3 month period. There were about
60
> dynamically allocated shared memory segments, which could not be released
> with onmode -F.

> Onperf showed that after all client connections were closed in the evening
> the used shared memory was about 7 MB higher compared to last night.

> Did anybody observe such a problem or has any hints . ????

> Rainer von Bongartz
> Deutsche Immobilien Leasing
> Duesseldorf, Germany

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. Problem Running Panel Compare Report on Informix 7.31 UC4

Stats:

RDBMS: Informix 7.31 UC4
OS: HP-UX 11.0
PeopleTools: 7.56
Application: FDM 7.52

I receive the following error when running my Panel compare report:

   (SQR 1500) Array element out of range (6) for array 'fldsize_codes'
on
   line 2557

I have submitted this report both on the server and on the client and I
receive the same error.  Furthermore, I have been able to run Panel
compare
reports between other databases (as well as other SQR compare reports
between the current source and target) without any problems.  I have
exactly the same version of the SQR in all of my environments
(including on
the server) and haven't made any changes to my RDBMS, OS or Tools since
the
last time I successfully ran a Panel compare report (i.e. last
Tuesday).  I
have run a SYSAUDIT against both my target and source databases and
have no
panel inconsistencies.

There is a function in the UPGCODES.SQC that seems to be referencing it
the
above mentioned array:

!***********************************************************************
! Function:    Load_FldSize_Codes                                      *
!                                                                      *
!              See EPDMSIZETYP in PDM.H.
*
!                                                                      *
!***********************************************************************
begin-procedure Load_FldSize_Codes
#debug display 'Module: UPGCODES Procedure: Load_FldSize_Codes'

   create-array NAME=FldSize_Codes SIZE=06 FIELD=FldSize_Name:char
   put 'Average'                  into FldSize_Codes(0)
   put 'Maximum'                  into FldSize_Codes(1)
   put 'Custom'                   into FldSize_Codes(2)
   put 'Small Image'              into FldSize_Codes(3)
   put 'Large Image'              into FldSize_Codes(4)
   put 'Standard Text Button'     into FldSize_Codes(5)
end-procedure

Have any one of you had problems with this before?  If so, what have you
done to get around it?  At this point, my Panel compare is not
completing
and I would very much like to move the 70 or so patches as one large
project instead of 70 individual patches.  Any ideas or suggestions
will be
greatly appreciated!!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. D3/NT hardware requirements

3. Shared Memory Problems, Informix IDS 7.31 install on SCO UnixWare 7.1.1

4. replication monitor and RED X

5. Memory Leak in IDS 7.31 UD4 for HP-UX 11.0

6. Lock Waits?

7. Access 97 Pass through queries

8. Shared memory errors with IDS 7.31 Workgroup addition

9. Memory on IDS 7.31 for NT

10. Memory configuration on HP, Informix 7.31

11. 7.31 UD1 to 7.31 UD5

12. Migrating from 7.31 FC2 to 7.31 FC6