fuzzy checkpoint

Post by duson » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 12:48:50

I want to use the fully checkpoint instead fuzzy checkpoint when
a checkpoint occur,
How can I do?
  thanks

fuzzy checkpoint

Post by rkusene » Fri, 20 Jun 2003 21:57:13

> I want to use the fully checkpoint instead fuzzy checkpoint when
> a checkpoint occur,
> How can I do?
>   thanks

set environment variable NOFUZZYCKPT=1 in the .profile of informix
and restart informix with that environment variable set in.

fuzzy checkpoint

Post by Paul Watso » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 03:31:36

There's an environment variable but I can't remember the name,
run a strings on the oninit binary and look for FUZZY.  If it's set
then you won't do fuzzy

> I want to use the fully checkpoint instead fuzzy checkpoint when
> a checkpoint occur,
> How can I do?
>   thanks

> --

Paul Watson             #
Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory
Tel: +44 1436 672201    # Growing up is optional
Fax: +44 1436 678693    #
Mob: +44 7818 003457    #
www.oninit.com          #

fuzzy checkpoint

Post by duson » Sat, 21 Jun 2003 13:01:20

thanks,I find it

1. sharp or fuzzy checkpoint?

I'm interested in point-in-time-recovery (or archive recovery) too.
I'm wondering current implementation of CHECKPOINT is whether "SHARP"
or "FUZZY" checkopint. If it's a "SHARP" one, it would be a serious
performance bottle neck according to the Gray's transaction book. Does
anybody know anything about that?
--
Tatsuo Ishii

2. Visual Basic 5.0 Vs Developer 2000

3. FW: informix 200 and fuzzy checkpoints

4. Help!!! I'm looking for TURBO PASCAL VERSION 4.0 OR better

5. informix 200 and fuzzy checkpoints

6. dbexport too slow. Any other ideas?

7. Fuzzy Checkpoints in IDS 9.21UC4

8. ora-24344 in Oracle 816

9. Fuzzy checkpoints, big logs, many buffers and LRU watermarks

10. Fuzzy checkpoints, big logs, many buffers and LRU

11. Any advantage in regular fuzzy checkpoints?

12. What does it mean "Fuzzy Checkpoint"?