compile warnings

Post by monkeys pa » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 04:14:38

I get the following when compiling a 4gl program:

c4gl -c coaut_delete.4gl
gcc: -l4gl: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: -lnforms: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: -lfesql: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: -los: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: -lasf: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: /db/informix/lib/tools/libasf.a: linker input file unused since linking
not done
gcc: -los: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: -lasf: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: -lgen: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: -lnsl: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: -lsocket: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: -laio: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: -lm: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: -ltermlib: linker input file unused since linking not done
gcc: /db/informix/lib/tools/libgls.a: linker input file unused since linking
not done
gcc: /db/informix/lib/tools/libglx.a: linker input file unused since linking
not done

Where can i turn this off?

compile warnings

Post by Jonathan Leffle » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 16:21:44

> I get the following when compiling a 4gl program:

> c4gl -c coaut_delete.4gl
> gcc: -l4gl: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: -lnforms: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: -lfesql: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: -los: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: -lasf: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: /db/informix/lib/tools/libasf.a: linker input file unused since linking
> not done
> gcc: -los: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: -lasf: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: -lgen: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: -lnsl: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: -lsocket: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: -laio: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: -lm: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: -ltermlib: linker input file unused since linking not done
> gcc: /db/informix/lib/tools/libgls.a: linker input file unused since linking
> not done
> gcc: /db/informix/lib/tools/libglx.a: linker input file unused since linking
> not done

> Where can i turn this off?

Which version of I4GL?

Basically, the c4gl script will need to be hacked (after you've made a
backup copy of the original) so that the lists of libraries are not
supplied to the C compiler when you are using the '-c' flag.  This is
what happens in the fixed versions (or would happen if there were any
fixed versions), which leads me to think you are using and older
version of I4GL, maybe 7.20, maybe earlier.

--
Jonathan Leffler                   #include <disclaimer.h>

1. compile warnings in CVS HEAD

I get the following warnings when compiling CVS HEAD:

be-secure.c: In function `open_server_SSL':
be-secure.c:719: warning: assignment from incompatible pointer type

timestamp.c: In function `dttofmtasc_replace':
timestamp.c:468: warning: `%g' yields only last 2 digits of year
timestamp.c:606: warning: `%x' yields only last 2 digits of year in some
locales

(That's the timestamp.c in src/interfaces/ecpg/pgtypeslib)

This build has SSL enabled (the SSL warning above has been present for a
while...). I'm using GCC 3.2.3 on Debian Linux.

Cheers,

Neil

2. SQL Server thinks User Table is System Table

3. more compile warnings

4. cant exec sql with where in it

5. compile warnings in CVS

6. ERROR with UDF ????

7. fix compile warning in pg_id

8. Commercial Apps using SQL Anywhere

9. 4gl compile warning/error ..

10. 4GL Compile Warning: Global CSE elimination ....

11. WARNING WARNING WARNING

12. Warnings when compiling in i4gl or using c4gl.