SqlhostsEditor for NT

Post by am.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Dear all,

Does any one have any clue on how to obtain the Sqlhosts Editor for NT
used by the replication manager to define the SQLhosts entries in
windows NT registery.

In the Replication training manual it says that "The sqlhosts editor is
a 32-bit application that allows you to write the contents of a
sqlhosts text file copied from an instance on a Unix machine directly
to the registry. This saves a tremendous amount of time when manually
editing the registry. This tool also allows you to write your sqlhosts
key in the registry out to a file...."

I have tried to look for this software everywhere with no success.
It is not mentioned in AnswersOnline, no trace in the iiug software
repository, and not found in the group discussions.

I wish someone can tell me if it is available with NT IDS-WG software
or not, and if it is available how to set it up. On the other hand,
if it is not available, then where it is located and how we can obtain
it.

Best Regards,

Amgad Al-Sisi

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

SqlhostsEditor for NT

Post by Eric_Meli.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

On your NT box - check in the Informix\demo directory -- it should exist
there...

executable name:  ershed  ( Enterprise Replication SqlHost EDitor

w/ exporer it is the smiley face with what looks like a black-eye...

Be warned:  They ( INFORMIX ) have put warnings on its usage...  It could
blow up your registry ( I haven't had any problems,   but be warned ).

Eric P. Melillo
Sr. Database Administrator
Associated Grocers, Inc.
3301 South Norfolk
Seattle, WA  98118
vmail: (206) 767-8178

cc:    (bcc: Eric Melillo/AGInc)
Subject:  SqlhostsEditor for NT

[...]

The answer to the second part of your question ( I went back and re-read it
after the last reply ).

I don't believe that Enterprise Replication is available on IDS-WG (
someone correct me if I'm
wrong ) therefore you probably won't have ershed...

Sorry about that...

Post by Rob Wilso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Dear all,

> Does any one have any clue on how to obtain the Sqlhosts Editor for NT
> used by the replication manager to define the SQLhosts entries in
> windows NT registery.

> In the Replication training manual it says that "The sqlhosts editor is
> a 32-bit application that allows you to write the contents of a
> sqlhosts text file copied from an instance on a Unix machine directly
> to the registry. This saves a tremendous amount of time when manually
> editing the registry. This tool also allows you to write your sqlhosts
> key in the registry out to a file...."

[snip]

This is setnet32, which should be installed if you have the replication
manager GUI installed.

Quote:> Best Regards,

> Amgad Al-Sisi

SqlhostsEditor for NT

Post by Paul » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I guess you have not define the replicate server(server group) so the
replication manager show you that you have wrong SQLHOST.

> Dear all,

> Does any one have any clue on how to obtain the Sqlhosts Editor for NT
> used by the replication manager to define the SQLhosts entries in
> windows NT registery.

> In the Replication training manual it says that "The sqlhosts editor is
> a 32-bit application that allows you to write the contents of a
> sqlhosts text file copied from an instance on a Unix machine directly
> to the registry. This saves a tremendous amount of time when manually
> editing the registry. This tool also allows you to write your sqlhosts
> key in the registry out to a file...."

> I have tried to look for this software everywhere with no success.
> It is not mentioned in AnswersOnline, no trace in the iiug software
> repository, and not found in the group discussions.

> I wish someone can tell me if it is available with NT IDS-WG software
> or not, and if it is available how to set it up. On the other hand,
> if it is not available, then where it is located and how we can obtain
> it.

> Best Regards,

> Amgad Al-Sisi

SqlhostsEditor for NT

Post by Hayward, Kevi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

If your input file is in the correct format you can use regedit to
import the file into the registry. The format that I have used is as
follows.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Informix\SQLHOSTS]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Informix\SQLHOSTS\SERVER_NAME]
"HOST"="SERVER_NAME"
"SERVICE"="PORT_NAME_1526"
"PROTOCOL"="olsoctcp"
"OPTIONS"="x=SERVER_NAME"

The only program that I could think of that would be called an SQLHOSTS
editor is sethost32 which makes changes to the SQLHOST hive in your
registry. I have found that the easiest thing to do with replication is
set up the Primary Server SQLHOST registry hive just how you want it and
then copy that hive to all of your targets.

I hope this helps.

Kevin Hayward

                Posted At:      Sunday, July 11, 1999 2:26 AM
                Posted To:      informix
                Conversation:   SqlhostsEditor for NT
                Subject:        Re: SqlhostsEditor for NT

                I guess you have not define the replicate server(server
group) so the
                replication manager show you that you have wrong
SQLHOST.

                > Dear all,

                > Does any one have any clue on how to obtain the
Sqlhosts Editor for NT
                > used by the replication manager to define the SQLhosts
entries in
                > windows NT registery.

                > In the Replication training manual it says that "The
sqlhosts editor is
                > a 32-bit application that allows you to write the
contents of a
                > sqlhosts text file copied from an instance on a Unix
machine directly
                > to the registry. This saves a tremendous amount of
time when manually
                > editing the registry. This tool also allows you to
write your sqlhosts
                > key in the registry out to a file...."

                > I have tried to look for this software everywhere with
no success.
                > It is not mentioned in AnswersOnline, no trace in the
iiug software
                > repository, and not found in the group discussions.

                > I wish someone can tell me if it is available with NT
IDS-WG software
                > or not, and if it is available how to set it up. On
the other hand,
                > if it is not available, then where it is located and
how we can obtain
                > it.

                > Best Regards,

                > Amgad Al-Sisi

SqlhostsEditor for NT

Post by Madison Prue » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The utility that you are referencing was available in the demo directory on
some of the releases.   I don't know for sure if it is on your system or
not.  I think that it was actually released as part of  IECC.  You might
want to open a case with tech support and ask if they can make it
available.

There is a replacement scheduled for the sql hosts editor to be made
available with 9.3

> Dear all,

> Does any one have any clue on how to obtain the Sqlhosts Editor for NT
> used by the replication manager to define the SQLhosts entries in
> windows NT registery.

> In the Replication training manual it says that "The sqlhosts editor is
> a 32-bit application that allows you to write the contents of a
> sqlhosts text file copied from an instance on a Unix machine directly
> to the registry. This saves a tremendous amount of time when manually
> editing the registry. This tool also allows you to write your sqlhosts
> key in the registry out to a file...."

> I have tried to look for this software everywhere with no success.
> It is not mentioned in AnswersOnline, no trace in the iiug software
> repository, and not found in the group discussions.

> I wish someone can tell me if it is available with NT IDS-WG software
> or not, and if it is available how to set it up. On the other hand,
> if it is not available, then where it is located and how we can obtain
> it.

> Best Regards,

> Amgad Al-Sisi

1. Tools Oracle on UNIX/NT + SQLServer on NT + Tools for UNIX/NT(system)

Hi!

I  am looking for a combined tool(s) for Oracle on Unix (Sequent) + NT,
SQLServer and tools for the performance/capacity planning on Unix and
NT. They must also been able to send/receive SNMP traps.
So if anybody has experience or knows a good (combined) tool for these
products, please let me know.

Thanks
Paul

2. test - not to answer

3. Notification that data has been updated in the database

4. Heuristics for SQL Server 6.0 on NT/Server versus NT/Workstation

5. ORA-600

6. NT SQL Server vs NT Oracle - Comments??

7. Access and ActiveX

8. NT Only Security With NT Groups

9. NT Domains and accessing SQL Server via ODBC from another NT machine

10. SQL Server SP 5a, NT Server SP4, NT Workstation SP5, MDAC 2.1 - Error 37000

11. OLAP difference between NT-Server and NT-Workstation?

12. NT - users and NT - usergroups (sql7)