Resident Memory

Post by Wim.Van.Poelvoo.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hy,

We just installed ODS 7.23 (UC6) on our UNIX SVR4 1.4 machine. We
created a database and
filled in the onconfig-file (/usr/informix/etc/onconfig).
The we specified a parameter RESIDENT = 1.

Now, when we initialise the database, or when we bring it online
(oninit), we get the message:

        WARNING: forced-resident shared memory not available

Finally the dbase is online and running, but why do I receive this
warning and how can I get
rid of it ? What are the consequences ?

Can anyone help us on this ?

tnx,

Wim Van Poelvoorde
ISG Consultant
Unisys Belgium

Resident Memory

Post by Sean Galvi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi Wim,

This is probably related to your port of Informix.

Resident is not supported on all platforms.  If you take a look at your
release notes under $INFORMIXDIR you may well find information regarding
port specific issues such as this.

Hope this Helps

Sean

> Hy,

> We just installed ODS 7.23 (UC6) on our UNIX SVR4 1.4 machine. We
> created a database and
> filled in the onconfig-file (/usr/informix/etc/onconfig).
> The we specified a parameter RESIDENT = 1.

> Now, when we initialise the database, or when we bring it online
> (oninit), we get the message:

>         WARNING: forced-resident shared memory not available

> Finally the dbase is online and running, but why do I receive this
> warning and how can I get
> rid of it ? What are the consequences ?

> Can anyone help us on this ?

> tnx,

> Wim Van Poelvoorde
> ISG Consultant
> Unisys Belgium

////////////////  Sean P. Galvin
//////////    //  Senior Consultant
//////    /  ///  Informix Software Ltd.
/////    // ////
////    // /////  Office: +353 (0) 21  511744
///    // //////  Home  : +353 (0) 21  508265
//    // ///////  Mobile: +44  (0) 585 466408

////////////////  WWW   : http://www.informix.com

Resident Memory

Post by Art S. Kage » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> Hy,

> We just installed ODS 7.23 (UC6) on our UNIX SVR4 1.4 machine. We
> created a database and
> filled in the onconfig-file (/usr/informix/etc/onconfig).
> The we specified a parameter RESIDENT = 1.

> Now, when we initialise the database, or when we bring it online
> (oninit), we get the message:

>         WARNING: forced-resident shared memory not available

> Finally the dbase is online and running, but why do I receive this
> warning and how can I get
> rid of it ? What are the consequences ?

No consequences other than having to look at that message whenever the
server comes up, and in six months when you finally bounce it again you
will not remember that it is harmless.

This is caused by having "RESIDENT   1" in you ONCONFIG file on a
platform that does not support shared memory residency, either because
the OS does not permit it (or it does not work correctly) or because
Informix chose, for whatever reason, not to implement it.  Check your
release notes ($INFORMIXDIR/release/*/*/*) for details.  Just change
the entry to "RESIDENT 0" and the message goes away.

Art S. Kagel

Resident Memory

Post by Madison Prue » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

This feature is not available on all platforms.  If you want to remove
the message, then set RESIDENT to 0.

> Hy,

> We just installed ODS 7.23 (UC6) on our UNIX SVR4 1.4 machine. We
> created a database and
> filled in the onconfig-file (/usr/informix/etc/onconfig).
> The we specified a parameter RESIDENT = 1.

> Now, when we initialise the database, or when we bring it online
> (oninit), we get the message:

>         WARNING: forced-resident shared memory not available

> Finally the dbase is online and running, but why do I receive this
> warning and how can I get
> rid of it ? What are the consequences ?

> Can anyone help us on this ?

> tnx,

> Wim Van Poelvoorde
> ISG Consultant
> Unisys Belgium

1. How make prg on resident memory

Hi

i want make resident memory prg on vb.
I want see icon program  just after the clock on task bar,
i don't want see icon program just standard program in memory on task bar

can you help me !

thank's in advance

Daniel

PS. excuse my english but i'm french speaking....

2. Ensuring that transactional publication is push/read only, no merge

3. Oracle on HP-UX running out of Resident Memory

4. how do I create setup app in VB6

5. Resident Memory

6. insert/update question

7. Can postgresql be run in memory (like a memory resident program)

8. SQL and ASP returning record id

9. Can postgresql be run in memory (like a memory resident

10. Access remains resident in Memory

11. Making Tables Memory Resident

12. Memory Resident

13. Memory Resident Data