Informix 5.10 and VPN Connection

Post by Rob Swif » Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:37:44

Hopefully somebody has come across this and has a solution.

I have unix box behind a Windows dial up server which set ups a VPN
Connection to the remote client.

When I copy files from the  unix box I use the full 512Kbps bandwidth
available both upload and download which suggests that the unix box
with the Informix is okay.

The problem is that when I use SCO SQL Retriever 4.18, the bandwidth
when used goes down to around 70Kbps (Which is modem speeds).  IF I
have more userr it goes up to 140, 210 et.c. depending on how many
users.  So the bandwisth is there it is alomost as if there is a limit
on remote users.

I have a hunch that the VPN is blocking a port used for the ODBC
driver but cannot find out what this is.

Has anybody got any idea,

Help would be appreciated.

Regards

Rob Swift

1. OnLine 5.10 w/CSDK & ESQL 5.10

A while back I asked about running D4GL with OnLine 5.10 and CSDK.
Art and Jonathan pointed out that I-STAR would be needed with that
mix of products when the ESQL/C version is above 5.10.

But Jonathan also wrote that:

Has anyone succeeded with this technique?  Any ideas how I'd go about it?

--

Washington Group International, Inc.         (215) 422-4144
Philadelphia, PA, USA

2. SQL Server Performance

3. Fail Consistency Check AIX & Informix Online 5.10

4. Q: How to get the correct recordset with critera on a date-field using dd-mm-yyyy format?

5. Informix 5.10 configuration

6. Calling a stored proc don't works with ADO

7. Problems with Arcunload & Informix 5.10

8. ADB-94 Call for papers

9. Informix Online 5.10 and Legato Networker

10. INFORMIX 5.04 & 5.10 on Solaris

11. Informix -254 errors with JAM DBi 5.10

12. need help for Informix 5.10 slowness in I/O

13. ODBC connection to BTRIEVE 5.10