"Zero Impact" SQL Monitor

Post by Bill Rape » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Folks

I tried the Zero Impact SQL Monitor, and was greatly disappointed.

I installed the product on a Solaris 2.6 box running IDS 7.31.UC2-1, with
the client running on a Win-95 box.

I then started a string of SQL commands for each of my 120 tables: "Unload
to tablename.unl select * from tablename".  I ran the SQL script against the
engine using the shared memory connection through dbaccess on the same box.

The product did not show any of the SQLs running.

After digging, it appears that the product monitors for SQL calls going
across the TCP/IP connection, and lets the shared memory connections go by
the wayside.  When I wrote an e-mail to the company, I received no response
to say that I was using the product incorrectly.

So, my opinion in a nutshell is this: don't bother.

Get FREE voicemail, fax and email at http://www.veryComputer.com/*.com
Talk online at http://www.veryComputer.com/*.com