Can i connect informix sdk client for windows to informix 4.1

Can i connect informix sdk client for windows to informix 4.1

Post by AMG » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have and old system running aix 3.2 and informix-se 4.1
Is ther posible to connect vis ODBC and Informix SDK windows pc's to the
main database

Post by Jonathan Leffle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I have and old system running aix 3.2 and informix-se 4.1
> Is ther posible to connect vis ODBC and Informix SDK windows pc's to the
> main database

It won't be supported (4.1x SE is not Y2K-compliant, for starters), but
it might just work if you run I-Net on the machine and configure the
ODBC to connect via the network.

On the other hand, you should probably upgrade.  Does IBM still support
that version of AIX?

--
Yours,

Guardian of DBD::Informix v1.00.PC1 -- http://www.perl.com/CPAN
     "I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!"

Can i connect informix sdk client for windows to informix 4.1

Post by AMG » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

IBM doesn't support the aix version, but the problem is that changing the
aix means changing the computer due to disk space needings.

When you say run I-Net on the machine, what do you mean?