delete informix log

Post by Jose Martin » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 20:17:47

as I can erase the file database.log?

delete informix log

Post by Colin Bul » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 23:34:15

This does not sound like a standard Informix file. What version of Informix,
what operating system. What directory is the file in ?

Colin Bull

sending to informix-list

delete informix log

Post by Jonathan Leffle » Sun, 06 Jul 2003 05:27:44

> as I can erase the file database.log?

You're using SE?  And you have a logged database?  In which case, that
file is probably your transaction log?  So, you need to understand
your backup strategy - the transaction log is an integral part of
that.  However, your database needs to be inactive while you do a
backup and at that point, you can also truncate your log file.  But
you still need to understand your backup strategy.

You're using IDS?  In this case, the file is probably your online log
file.  Yes, you can erase it without doing any damage.  It would be
sensible to check that there is nothing untoward (unexpected) in it
before doing so, but once you've done that, you should be OK to erase it.

If neither of the above scenarios applies, you'd better tell us what
your situation is (database server, platform, versions, etc) - without
any extra information, this is about as much as anybody can do for you.

--
Jonathan Leffler                   #include <disclaimer.h>

1. How to delete certain reocrds from a table whitout logging any records in Trans Log file

Dear all,

How can I Removes all rows from a table which match certain condition
without logging the any records in Transaction Log file.

I know truncate table which will reomve all rows. I need to remove only
rows which match certain condion.

Appreciate any of your tips and ideas.

Regards,

Ahmed

2. Where do I find PICK Programmers?

3. Two LOG File - how can I delete the 2nd log file

4. dividing tables amongst different users

5. Mass Delete - Log Entries Kills Available Log Space

6. Conversion of AP/PRO to Universe

7. How to delete Transaction Log or Logs (*.ldf)

8. Pick/Unidata/uniVerse Programmer/Analysts needed-$30-$65K-(Recruiter)

9. deleted iiacp.log iircp.log by mistake

10. Informix log file /tmp/bar_act.log