What are the differences between Informix Dynamic Server and Online

What are the differences between Informix Dynamic Server and Online

Post by KENDRICKS.CHE.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

It is confusing!
Here's what I know:

     Prior to renaming:
          7.2x = ODS
          8.0 = XPS
          9.1 = IUS

     After renaming:
          7.2x = IDS
          8.0 = IDS/AD/XP
          9.1 = IDS/UDO

     After the 7.3 release:
          7.3 = IDS
          9.1 = IDS/UDO

     After the 8.2 release:
          8.0 = IDS/AD/XP
          8.2 = IDS/AD (Single coserver version)
          8.2 = IDS/XP (One or more coserver version)

     After the 9.2 release:
          9.2 = IDS  (7.3 and 9.2 will be merged)
          9.2 = IDS/UDO

From this you can see that there is only a naming difference
at one version level, and many differences as the versions
of IDS progress.

   Good question!  I would also like to know........

<<<<