Informix mailing list moving

Post by Walt Hultgren {rm » Wed, 03 Aug 1994 04:44:38

The home site of the Informix mailing list will be moving soon.

Starting Monday, August 8, 1994, the new home site of informix-list will
be vungtau.cerf.net (IP 192.153.156.70), which is located in the Pacific
time zone of the U.S.A.

The new list manager is Binh Thanh Nguyen, who has graciously agreed to
take over administration of the list.  There were actually several people
who volunteered to run the list, and my thanks to them also.

The day-to-day maintenance of informix-list on vungtau will be performed
by a list management package called "majordomo", which provides some of
the functionality of traditional listserv processors.

Majordomo uses a single administrative address for all lists on a system,

on the mailing list, I suggest that you retrieve the majordomo help file
some time during this week to learn the available functions -- majordomo is
not *exactly* like listserv.  This will also test your connectivity to the
new system.

message consisting of the word "help".  The Subject line will be ignored.
If your mailer automatically adds a signature block (.signature), you may
need to follow the line containing "help" with one containing the word "end".

During this week, Binh and I will be testing list distribution from the new
site, which will include testing the list's Usenet gateway.  If you notice
a problem with any of the test messages, whether you are a Usenet or mailing
list site, I'd appreciate your letting Binh or me know.  Binh can be reached

IMPORTANT:  Please do not attempt to subscribe to informix-list at the new
site during this week of testing.  The operational home site for the list
is still rmy.emory.edu.  On Monday, August 8, the list of active addresses
will be copied to vungtau.cerf.net, overwriting any that were placed there
during testing.

If you have any questions regarding the move, or if you have problems
reaching vungtau.cerf.net, please let Binh or me know.

Thanks,

Walt.

PS:  This change of home site for the mailing list does *not* affect the
     anonymous FTP archive at mathcs.emory.edu.

--

Emory University               UUCP: {...,gatech,rutgers,uunet}!emory!rmy!walt

Atlanta, GA  30329  USA       Voice: +1 404 727 0648

Informix mailing list moving

Post by Graham R. Lea » Wed, 03 Aug 1994 05:11:13

Running a report which has always worked before, I come up with an error
which baffles me.

DOS/16M:  Unexpected Interrupt=000D at 00F0:013A
code=0000 ss=0328 ds=368 es=0320
ax=09EA bx=0990 cx=7B3E dx=0320 sp=577A bp=5786 si=15B2 di=1300
Unable to create menu parse program (_oserr = 8)
The status of the command was: -2.
Further program execution is not possible.
Exiting to system.

What is this thing saying to me?  I don't even get a line number in
my .4GL program to look at and the error numbers in my manual START at
100.  Errors 8 and -2 aren't even mentioned.

I am running INFORMIX 2.10 (yes, a reeeal oldie!)

Any help or advice on how to address this one would be greatly appreciatied.

                                                        graham.

Informix mailing list moving

Post by pa.. » Wed, 03 Aug 1994 22:58:03

We got that error on some of out DOS informix boxes, but it was caused by
one of things/guesses

1.  There were database changes and all of the modules where not re-compiled

2.  On some machines, executing a .4gi from a .4gi also caused the error

Unfortunately, we were unable to pinpoint the exact cause, but removing
the second condition and using C instead for the first module, eliminated
the problem.

Paul Watje                                      SPAMIS Data Center

Voice: (800) 598-5008                           in San Marcos, TX
FAX: (512) 396-6600

}

Post by Craig Ludingt » Sat, 06 Aug 1994 07:05:19

: Running a report which has always worked before, I come up with an error
: which baffles me.

: DOS/16M:  Unexpected Interrupt=000D at 00F0:013A
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    This interrupt is caused by a segmentation violation on protected mode
    80{34}86  processors.  It means a program is trying to write or read
    memory that does not belong to it.  The program is in error.
    Try to recompile the entire program; if it indeed "has always worked
    before" and you haven't changed anything, it should still work.

    Added any new code?  Changed operating systems?  Executing a report for
    the first time that uses a branch of the code that was never tested?

    Good luck.

    Craig Ludington

: code=0000 ss=0328 ds=368 es=0320
: ax=09EA bx=0990 cx=7B3E dx=0320 sp=577A bp=5786 si=15B2 di=1300
: Unable to create menu parse program (_oserr = 8)
: The status of the command was: -2.
: Further program execution is not possible.
: Exiting to system.
 [ deletia ]