"Cannot create message file"

Post by 1ú??? » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm navice on Informix

I'm trying to restore DB backup file using dbimport after reinstalling
Informix server
I commanded as like this
dbimport  project_db in the directory where dbimport.out file and
project_db.exp directory exist.
then
"Cannot create message file" occurred.
I don't know what to do..
Please let me know how to restore the backupDB, and where can I find helpful
documents...
Thanks.

"Cannot create message file"

Post by Reinhard Habichtsber » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

You dont have rights on the directory you are starting your dbimport
or
there should not be a dbimport.out file in that directory but a dbexport.out.
dbimport out will be created by dbimport. If there exists a dbimport.out file
and you do not have rights to write over it dbimport "cannot create message file"

HTH
Reinhard

Quote:> I'm navice on Informix

> I'm trying to restore DB backup file using dbimport after reinstalling
> Informix server
> I commanded as like this
> dbimport  project_db in the directory where dbimport.out file and
> project_db.exp directory exist.
> then
> "Cannot create message file" occurred.
> I don't know what to do..
> Please let me know how to restore the backupDB, and where can I find helpful
> documents...
> Thanks.

"Cannot create message file"

Post by Irina Kovalchu » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Check the permissions in the directory from where you are doing 'dbimport'.
It can be that  you have already one 'dbimport.out' file (message file) with other permissions and so you're not able to re-write it. May be you have already tried to do 'dbimport' as 'root' and now you're 'informix' ?

What helped me ( to dbimport the 'team' database)

1) I created a duplicate directory in /test/team
     $ mkdir /test/team/team.exp
2) I copied files that I had as a result of 'dbexport' to that new directory
     /test/team/team.exp
3)  dbimport -d dbspace2 -c -i /test/team    team
            (use -d "name of the dbspace"  if you do not want to have your database in rootdbs)

Good luck!

Irina Kovalchuk
National TechTeam, Inc.
Corporate Information Systems

I'm navice on Informix

I'm trying to restore DB backup file using dbimport after reinstalling
Informix server
I commanded as like this
dbimport  project_db in the directory where dbimport.out file and
project_db.exp directory exist.
then
"Cannot create message file" occurred.
I don't know what to do..
Please let me know how to restore the backupDB, and where can I find helpful
documents...
Thanks.

1. oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

Hallo!

I have a problem during initialisation of IDS 7.31 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
platform.
When I dry oninit -i the message "Cannot find message file" appears.

The installed IDS on SCO around 10 time on other machine and I had no
problems. So I think the enviroment and also the onconfig is correctly set.

Maybe someone had a idea...

Thanks, Gnter

CDSPELL=cdspell

CLIENT_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

COLLCHAR=0

COLUMNS=80

DBDATE=DMY4/

DBLANG=2

DBMONEY=.

DB_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

ENGINE=ONLINE

ENV=/etc/kshrc

ERRNO=13

FCEDIT=/bin/ed

HOME=/usr2/users/informix

HUSHLOGIN=FALSE

HZ=100

IFS='

'

INFORMIXDIR=/usr2/program/inf7

INFORMIXSERVER=viper

LANG=german_germany.8859

LC_COLLATE=german_germany.8859

LINENO=1

LINES=24

LOGNAME=informix

MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/informix

MAILCHECK=600

MSG_MAIL=1

MS_PROFILE=1

OLDPWD=/usr2/users/informix

ooefire

OPTARG

OPTIND=1

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:.:/usr2/program/inf7/bin

PPID=6038

PS2='> '

PS3='#? '

PS4='+ '

PWD=/usr2/program/inf7

RANDOM=4915

SECONDS=475

SERVER_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

SHELL=/bin/ksh

TERM=r2

TMOUT=0

TZ=CET-1CETDST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0/1

USER=informix

2. Identifying unique values....

3. "file".spr is not an object file error message

4. deadlock in SQLServer 2000.

5. Error Message: "Cannot find Installable ISAM"

6. New Jersey - CONTRACT Y2K/Oracle Tools Programmer

7. "Cannot modify table" error message

8. website hosting recommendations wanted

9. Error Message "Cannot Quit Foxpro"

10. Error Message "cannot access selected table"

11. RDO "ActiveX cannot create object"???

12. Debugger causes "cannot create FXP" error

13. HELP: "Error in Symbol File" message