Linking tables via JDBC?

Post by Adam William » Wed, 09 Jul 2003 21:52:03

We have an Informix 9.21UC3-1 database on a RedHat Linux box.  And we
are evaluating a package from Transsoft Inc. that allows access to
legacy ISAM data (on an RS/6000 in this case running AcuCOBOL) via
JDBC/ODBC.

I've read about (EGM?) linking tables from other data sources into the
Informix engine.  Is this possible in this scenario?  EGM doesn't list
as being available for Linux?  Does this require EGM?

I'd prefer JDBC as I know that works on a Linux box,  I haven't noodled
around with the libodbc* files they include on the UNIX side as I only
have those for AIX.

sending to informix-list

Linking tables via JDBC?

Post by Art S. Kage » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 09:05:06

With 9.xx you have another elegant solution to linking tables from other
databases.  You can create an external data access method and define the
tables in the foreign database as tables using that access method.  From
then on you can treat the external table as if it were a native Informix
table.

Art S. Kagel

Quote:> We have an Informix 9.21UC3-1 database on a RedHat Linux box.  And we
> are evaluating a package from Transsoft Inc. that allows access to
> legacy ISAM data (on an RS/6000 in this case running AcuCOBOL) via
> JDBC/ODBC.

> I've read about (EGM?) linking tables from other data sources into the
> Informix engine.  Is this possible in this scenario?  EGM doesn't list
> as being available for Linux?  Does this require EGM?

> I'd prefer JDBC as I know that works on a Linux box,  I haven't noodled
> around with the libodbc* files they include on the UNIX side as I only
> have those for AIX.

> sending to informix-list

1. Linking to Access table via BDE via ODBC

I am trying to utilize the Borland Database Engine (BDE) to directly

attach a Microsoft Access table.  I figure if I can do it through the

Database Desktop, it's easy to put get the BDE itself to do it.

I don't want any popups or other interaction in specifying this table.  I

want the database specified and the table within it specified, as if I

was trying to connect to a standard BDE driver table like Paradox.

Thanks!
Nathan

2. Oracle TMS help

3. Preventing table update when linking oracle database table to access via ODBC

4. Only getting first letter when reading data of SQL Serve

5. Host commands on server via JDBC link

6. Messy SQL performance question (NOT in SELECT clause)

7. Updating SQL linked table via Access

8. Intermittant performance

9. updating visual foxpro tables via Linked server

10. Access Linked Tables via ODBC Performance??

11. Insert JPG in SQL via ODBC linked table in Access fails

12. Linking Two Tables Via One ID Number

13. Linking SQL7 Tables to Access 97 via SQLDMO?