Help: Oninit fails !

Post by Hr.Pfeiffe » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am using  INFORMIX 6.0 on an RM600 with SINIX 5.42 and a RAID -
System, where the dbspaces are located. For the chunks i am using
symbolic links to each raw device. Since a disk failed and had to be
changed, one dbspace was always down. Because there is only one table
located on this dbspace, i wanted to drop this table and the dbspace.
First i changed the symbolic links. To get enough discspace, i dropped a
temporary dbspace with onmonitor. I also changed the onconfig parameter
DBSPACETEMP. But executing onstat -d, the two chunks where still listed,
but the dbspace not! Then i executed onmode -ky and started oninit. But
this always oninit fails with the messages.

Bad chunk: (...list of chunks)
Bad chunk: /dev/tempdbsp

Fatal error: Could not initialize shared memory segments.

I first asked the systemadministration, if the raid-system is down, but
it works fine.

Any ideas, what's going on here?????
--

Arnold Pfeiffer

Help: Oninit fails !

Post by Markus G. Holzbaue » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I am using  INFORMIX 6.0 on an RM600 with SINIX 5.42 and a RAID -

Change to Online >= 7.23 !!

Quote:> System, where the dbspaces are located. For the chunks i am using
snip
> this always oninit fails with the messages.

> Bad chunk: (...list of chunks)
> Bad chunk: /dev/tempdbsp

Is that all ?
How many dbspaces/chunks ?

Quote:

--
With best regards / Mit freundlichem Gru?

| Markus G. Holzbauer           Siemens Nixdorf Germany   |
| ===================           INFORMIX Database Support |
| Online or not Online, that's the question here !?       |