Solutions for Informix Users - A Two-Day User Group Technical Conference

Solutions for Informix Users - A Two-Day User Group Technical Conference

Post by Lester Knutse » Tue, 05 Nov 2002 03:00:15

Washington Area Informix Users - Forum 2002

Friday and Saturday, November 8-9, 2002
8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Fairview Park Marriott,
3111 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, VA

The Washington (DC) Area Informix Users Group (WAIUG) would like
to invite you to attend the major event for IBM-Informix users on
the east coast for the year 2002.  Forum 2002 is a two-day user
group technical conference hosted by the Washington, Boston,
Carolinas, New York, Philadelphia and Atlanta Informix Users
Groups.  The largest concentration of Informix users and the most
active user groups in the world are located on the east coast of
the US.  This will be the key event for Informix users on the
east cost. This is our fifth user group technical forum. Visit
http://www.iiug.org/waiug/present to view information about our
previous events. Our past four forums have enjoyed excellent
turnout, averaging 250 attendees and 16 sessions and exhibitors.

Keynote Presentations:
----------------------
* The Future of IBM Informix
     by Don Top, VP, IBM Informix Product Development
* The Future of Informix Technology
     by Paul Taylor, VP, IBM
* The International Informix Users Group
     by Jerry Hamilton, President, IIUG

Friday - Ten Technical Sessions:
--------------------------------
* IDS Internals and disk structures.  Everything you never knew!
     by Art Kagel, Bloomberg, L.P. (extended 2 hr session)
* Using Perl and DBI/DBD with Informix Databases
     by Darryl Priest, Piper Rudnick LLP
* Windows, Web, and Web Services for I4GL Applications
     by Don Bizell, Four J's Development Tools
* IDS Troubleshooting by Joseph Lobo, IBM
* Informix 9.4 by Jonathan Leffler, IBM
* Websphere Meets Informix by Marty Lurie, IBM
* Comparison of DB2 UDB and Informix Data Administration Tools
     by Nalini Subu, Home Depot
* (Not) A "DB2  IDS Comparison" by Serge Rielau, IBM Canada
     (extended 2 hr session)
* Building Secure Web Applications with IDS by Michael Chaney, ChainLink
* Enterprise Replication by Madison Pruet, IBM

Saturday - Seven 1/2 Day Tutorials:
-----------------------------------
* Upgrade to 9.3 by Carlton Doe, IBM
* Windows, Web, and Web Services for I4GL Applications
     by Don Bizell, Four J's Development Tools
* DSS and HPL by Jack Parker, Artentech
* SQL Performance Tuning by Kevin Fennimore, UCI Consulting
* Managing and Tuning your IDS Server using the Sysmaster
     by Lester Knutsen, Advanced DataTools Corporation.
* How to Spatially Enable Your IBM Informix Database
     by Chris Bosch, IBM
* Bringing IDS Internals to the Surface by Mark Scranton, IBM

Sponsors:
---------
* Premier Sponsor - IBM Data Management - Informix
* Gold Sponsor - Four J's Development Tools

Exhibitors:
-----------
* Advanced DataTools Corporation
* Artinsoft
* Brio Software
* Fourth Generation Software
* Gillani, Inc.
* Hewlett Packard
* International Informix Users Group
* Querix
* ServerMetrics
* Sun Microsystems
* UDT Consulting
* Xtivia

Forum CD: Every participant will receive a CD with software and
presentations

Onsite Registration: $120 - registrations after November 1, 2002

For more information and registration:
Visit our web site at: http://www.iiug.org/waiug

Advanced DataTools Corporation          Voice: 703-256-0267

Washington Area IBM-Informix User Group:
        http://www.iiug.org/~waiug/