VB and Online 5.10

Post by Steven Weis » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi

I wonder if anyone out there can help me. I'm connecting to an Informix
Online 5.10 database (service : sqlexec, protocol: olsoctcp) from VB 6 using
ADO (data control) and Informix CLI 2.30TC1. I have set the Provider to
Microsoft OLE DB for ODBC. I have 90 000 records and VB creates a client
side cursor on the PC.

Problem : Its *y slow.

I have tried to change the data control cursor type to a server side cursor
which I assume will be a lot faster (It is using RDO anyway) but cannot get
any data to display in my grid with this type of cursor.

What am I doing wrong and how can I speed the data access up?
What other possible techniques can I use to do data Access?

Thanks in advance

Steve Weiss

1. OnLine 5.10 w/CSDK & ESQL 5.10

A while back I asked about running D4GL with OnLine 5.10 and CSDK.
Art and Jonathan pointed out that I-STAR would be needed with that
mix of products when the ESQL/C version is above 5.10.

But Jonathan also wrote that:

Has anyone succeeded with this technique?  Any ideas how I'd go about it?

--

Washington Group International, Inc.         (215) 422-4144
Philadelphia, PA, USA

2. Launching helper apps from HP-UX client

3. Fail Consistency Check AIX & Informix Online 5.10

4. Dev 2000 Server For Web - Books ???

5. Online 5.10 and JDBC connectivity problems

6. Powerbuilder and DisableBind=1

7. D4GL 3.0 & OnLine 5.10

8. open a window in the center of the screen?

9. I-STAR, OnLine 5.10 & ODBC Question

10. How does remote client connect to 5.10 online server

11. online 5.10 locks & alter table

12. Experiences with Online 5.10