Is there a SQL to find out the total unused space in all the extents?
1. unused space in extent and performance
I'am working on a data warahouse. The initial extents of tables and indexes
are sized to contain 5 years of data. For example: the largest table will be
about 2 GIG but now is filled with only 200MB of data. Does a large ammount
of free space in the initial extents have a negitive effect on performance.
I have the feeling that choosing a more conservative initial extent will
benefit the performance in the first years. Ofcourse this will need
reorganising tables wen they are becomming to fragmented.
All comments are welcome
4. Update the field of TEXT datatype
5. unallocated space and unused space
6. CO Denver/Boulder...ORACLE DBA/Designer!!!!
7. Quick Question: Space vs. Unused Space
9. Too many unused space in MS Sql Server 7.0 SP1 database
11. Delete unused space from the table
12. How to eliminate unused space from database