fglgo process does not die (again)

Post by Andrea De Angel » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 23:38:32

No good news.

Yesterday I went through a recompilation of all my modules and programs, but
nevertheless the problem showed up again today.

Thanks to everybody that answered to my previous question. I think now it's
definetly a matter for Tech Support.

Andrea

fglgo process does not die (again)

Post by Jack Schit » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 23:25:53

The only good news is that you've still got a very beautiful name :")

Quote:

> No good news.

> Yesterday I went through a recompilation of all my modules and programs,
but
> nevertheless the problem showed up again today.

> Thanks to everybody that answered to my previous question. I think now
it's
> definetly a matter for Tech Support.

> Andrea

1. fglgo process does not die

Hello everybody.

I am encountering a weird problem.
In the past few days we went through a hardware update on our production
server and a consequent SW update in informix environment.

Here are the details

Previous configuration : Compaq DS20, OS True64 V 4.0f, informix IDS
7.31.FC6, RDS  7.30.UC1
Current configuration: Compaq DS20 (brand new, biprocessor), OS True64 V
5.1a, informix IDS 7.30.FD2, RDS 7.30.FD4

We updated the software, then ontaped -r the databases on the new server and
copied -r all the modules and .4gis. Everything seemed ok.

Now, the problem. A couple of times per day a fglgo process does not die
properly and stays forever in memory.
There is no name-of-the-module vs. problem relationship. There is no
way-of-exiting (e.g. control-c instead of regular escape) vs. problem
relationship.
The process is not even connected to the database (onstat -g ses does not
show it). It is not even a proper "zombie", since its PPID is 1, only the
terminal session disappears (ps -ef shows TTY = ??).
In some cases these zombies just stay still; in other cases - here comes the
weird part - they start eating a full cpu work and sloooow down machine
prestation.

I opened a case with informix tech support, but want to know if there are
any second thought around.

I suspect that a compilation may help, but I got some hundreds modules and
programs ( we popped champagne on discovering the binary compatibility
between our two version). Was it premature?

Thanks

Andrea

P.S. Please, don't start again a what-a-nice-name thread. I still got my bad
attitude, as well as my pipe.

2. Looking for recomendations on Setting up a new SQL Server 7.0

3. DB PROCESS Died Or not enabled

4. New German VB newsgroups

5. Process will not die

6. ODBC using TCP/IP netlib

7. Process WILL NOT DIE!

8. Service Pack 5 Bug!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Processes Not Dying

10. Process Will not DIE

11. Killed process not dying

12. processes not dying show killed forever