Ques: Need Info On Informix 3rdParty Report Writers

Ques: Need Info On Informix 3rdParty Report Writers

Post by Krau » Thu, 18 May 1995 04:00:00

Hello All,

 I was hoping someone could recommend some Informix 3rd party report writer
tools.  The tools should work with Turbo Informix and/or Informix Online.
These tools are to be used either via X-windows, unix terminal session, or
under Microsoft Windows 3.1 since we have access to all types to write the
reports with.  The only tool we have used so far has been Crystal Reports
under Windows 3.1 using an ODBC to a Informix Online database.

 So any information would be greatly appreciated.  Also, I have already
referenced the FAQ, but am looking for first hand knowledge (especially if
anyone has or used one for Turbo Informix).

Thanks,

Bob Krause
Software Engineer
ATT:GIS Dryden BU

#include <std.disclaimer - these are my own opinions>

Post by Benjamin A. Ta » Tue, 23 May 1995 04:00:00

>Hello All,

> I was hoping someone could recommend some Informix 3rd party report writer
>tools.  The tools should work with Turbo Informix and/or Informix Online.
>These tools are to be used either via X-windows, unix terminal session, or
>under Microsoft Windows 3.1 since we have access to all types to write the
>reports with.  The only tool we have used so far has been Crystal Reports
>under Windows 3.1 using an ODBC to a Informix Online database.

> So any information would be greatly appreciated.  Also, I have already
>referenced the FAQ, but am looking for first hand knowledge (especially if
>anyone has or used one for Turbo Informix).

>Thanks,

>Bob Krause
>Software Engineer
>ATT:GIS Dryden BU

>#include <std.disclaimer - these are my own opinions>

I know of only one tool that will work if you must support dumb terminal
sessions, this is IQ from IQ software: (800) 458-0386.

I don't think Business Objects supports character mode terminals.  But, it
does support both UNIX and Windows.  That is another possible path for you
to pursue.

We specialize in DSS and reporting applications.  Let me know if I can
provide you with any more info.

-- Ben
--
Benjamin Taub
DSS and Data Warehouse design, development & project management

ph: (313) 761-5962