Installation problems

Post by Glynn Euge » Thu, 19 Apr 2001 21:48:13

Gday
i am trying the installation on teh domain, and keep getting an error,
cannot set the permissions on the registry or system files.
anyone know what this is???
it will install grand locally

cheers
gene

--
Posted from [212.120.152.40]

1. installation problem / path problem

I am working on a small ado-database project and have two problems:

1. After installing the programm I always get the error "provider not
found" although I have installed the MDAC and have included all
necesarry drivers into the installation files.
The problem disappears when I install the database-drivers from the
visual studio CD - What drivers are there included and how do I install
them seperatly without using the visual studio installation CD ???

2. Another basic question is about pathes - I've set all pathes to
"AppPath...", but I can't do that with the Provider-Path, or ?
How do I change the path, which is looking like that at the moment

'PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data Source=c:\Microsoft
VS\VB98\NWIND.MDB;

do a path that every target-system can use as well ? I tried

PROVIDER=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51;Data Source=AppPath & "\database\...";
- but I always get an error.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Jean

2. How do you test sqlcode=NOTFOUND after a select/updt in a stored proc.

3. Oracle Installation problem --(Display problem)

4. 8.1.5 to 8.1.6

5. Installation Problem

6. Grant privilege as DBA

7. Installation problem SQL Server 7on Win2K Server

8. US-DC-NoVa: Pre-sales Systems Engineers with Informix, Oracle or Sybase exp.

9. SQL2000 installation problems

10. SQL 7.0 Installation problem - Not Enough Disk Space on drive C:

11. SQL Server 7.0 installation problem on win98

12. SQLServer 6.0 Installation Problems

13. installation problems