DBD-Informix and DBI

Post by tha.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Which are the best versions of both to use together...

I seem to be having trouble in the installation./.
I wonder if this could be it....

Tony

1. Indexes via DBI driver in Perl (DBD::Informix)

...mainly because it isn't something that DBI supports directly.

Your best bet is probably to go to the IIUG software archives
(hmm, how many times have I said this today?  http://www.iiug.org)
and get hold of SQLCMD.  In the code for the INFO statements
(sqlinfo.ec), you will find the statements I use to generate the
information loosely equivalent to "INFO INDEXES FOR sometable",
which is not a built-in command in SQL so you cannot run it
directly from DBD::Informix.  Note that the statements assume
you know the table number (systables.tabid) entry for the table.
To deal with lists of tables, you will have to revise the code
slightly.

--
Yours,

Guardian of DBD::Informix v1.00.PC1 -- http://www.perl.com/CPAN
     "I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it!"

2. alert log note

3. DBI and DBD::Informix installation problems

4. insert jpeg file into database

5. DBI / DBD Informix -- Spaces in data

6. access databases

7. DBI/DBD for INFORMIX-SE 7.24.UC5 for Linux Redhat

8. Migration issues when upgrading to 2000 from 7.0

9. DBI/DBD-informix, value of a new serial after insert

10. Informix & DBD::DBI

11. Perl DBI-0.93 DBD-Informix-0.58 on SCO

12. Strange behavior of DBD/DBI Informix

13. Strange behavior of DBI/DBD::Informix