Grrrrrr.......Online 7.1 on AIX setup

Post by Govind Tatachar » Thu, 12 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Mike Lemon writes:
>->
>-><HUGE VICIOUS SNARL>
>-> :::: Stuff Deleted ::::
>->  Is this my problem?
>->onmonitor won't even run: can't find put/sndmsg in libtli.a.

>That library sounds familiar... or it is that you need to run:

>/usr/sbin/strload

>When we went to 7.1 we had to remember to run that every time we reboot
>the machine (which the first time or two is easy forget since we don't
>do it too often).  Anyway, I remember the error and I'm guessing it's
>the latter.

The first point in OnLine 7.1 (AIX) machine note clearly states that
portable streams library needs to be loaded. If you are using OnLine
7.1 on a AIX box make sure that the /etc/inittab contains an entry
to run strload everytime the system is rebooted so as to make this
ob(li)vious.

//////////**********************************
//      //      send your $$$s to
//      //      Govind Tatachari
//      //      Consultant
//      //      Work:(415)926-6032

//////////**********************************

1. Grrrrrr.......Online 7.1 on AIX setup

<HUGE VICIOUS SNARL>

It seems that Online 7.1 for AIX 3.2.5 doesn't like my
libtli.a shared library.

We have an older version of the C compiler (since IBM is too
anal to provide it with the OS upgrades).  Is this my problem?
onmonitor won't even run: can't find put/sndmsg in libtli.a.

I'd prefer to use sockets right now anyway.  Is there a way to
keep it from loading that library?

All I want to do is set up a test development environment and
try out some network connections.  Something so simple.....

Thanks.
Mike Lemon

2. Rdb connection

3. Anybody running Online 7.1 on AIX 4.1?

4. Codebook: MAIN.MPR

5. How to migrate database on Online Dynamic Server 7.2 to Online Dynamic Server 7.1

6. Help on xp_cmdshell and BCP

7. ONLINE 7.1 NT, ONLINE 5.0 UNIX

8. Sp4 installation issue on SQL7 (Winnt 4server)

9. Online config for I-NET PC 5.01 to Online 7.1

10. Setup of disk chunks for online under AIX 4.1.3

11. 7.1 vs. 7.2 on AIX 5L