Subject:    Swapping 'ontapes' from system to system

Date:       11/24/97 5:26 PM

I need to clone one Informix DB to another system.  Both
systems are Solaris Sparcs running Informix 7.23.
I want to take a tape made with 'ontape -s -L 0' from
machine 'A' and put it in machine 'B'.  When I try this
on machine 'B' (ontape -r) continuously prompts for:

Please mount tape 1 on /dev/rmt/1 and press Return to continue..
Restore a level 0 archive (y/n) y
Ready for level 0 tape

the system looks at the tape but contuously repeats the same three
lines as if it can not read the tape.  Both tape drives and
parameters are identical, and I can transfer 'tar' tapes
between the two systems. I just can't swap 'ontape'
archives.  Can someone please shed some light on this?
Thanks in advance.

1. Swapping 'ontapes' from system to system

I need to clone one Informix DB to another system.  Both
systems are Solaris Sparcs running Informix 7.23.
I want to take a tape made with 'ontape -s -L 0' from
machine 'A' and put it in machine 'B'.  When I try this
on machine 'B' (ontape -r) continuously prompts for:

Please mount tape 1 on /dev/rmt/1 and press Return to continue..
Restore a level 0 archive (y/n) y
Ready for level 0 tape

the system looks at the tape but contuously repeats the same three
lines as if it can not read the tape.  Both tape drives and
parameters are identical, and I can transfer 'tar' tapes
between the two systems. I just can't swap 'ontape'
archives.  Can someone please shed some light on this?
Thanks in advance.

2. Handling Tfield exception messages

3. Question : gotcha's in upgrading by swapping system drives

4. Long checkpoints causing crashes

5. Universe RDBMS and 'The Collector System', by Columbia Ultimate Business Systems

6. Order by Numbers+Char problem

7. Sort a table via form

8. dump/load doesn't work from system 10 to system 11

9. ontape -s -L0 - maniplate system-date - ontape -r

10. FW: ontape -s -L0 - maniplate system-date - ontape -r

11. Any system stored procedures or extended sp's or Api's for Creating DSN

12. SQL-2000 system run 'other' Applications