Informix Mailing List has moved - Part 2

Informix Mailing List has moved - Part 2

Post by Walt Hultgre » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I knew there was some point I was forgetting to make in my previous
messages:

All addresses that were on informix-list at rmy.emory.edu were copied
to the list at iiug.org.  If you were on the list at rmy, you do not
need to re-subscribe on iiug.org.

Thanks,

Walt.

--

Emory University              UUCP: {...,gatech,rutgers,uunet}!emory!rmy!walt

Atlanta, GA  30329  USA      Voice: +1 404 727 0648

1. Informix Mailing List (informix-list) moving

There are some changes in store for the Informix Mailing List that will
be occurring over the next few weeks.  I am posting this announcement
to informix-list and comp.databases.informix since both forums will be
affected.

The most significant change is that informix-list will be moving from
the system rmy.emory.edu to iiug.org, the home site of the International

This move will be automatic.  Current list members will not have to do
anything to move their addresses.  Once the move is made, you'll have
to post to the different address of course, but I'll let you know when
that happens.

A second change related to the move is that informix-list will be placed
under control of the Majordomo mailing list management software package.
This means that people who want to subscribe/unsubscribe to/from the list

corresponding with yours truly.  I'll post more details about this later.

The list will continue to be gatewayed with comp.databases.informix.
However, news service will be provided as a free sponsorship to IIUG by
the generous folks at xmission.com, instead of by the generous folks at
the Math/CS Department of Emory University who have been doing it since
the list's inception in 1991.

There will be other changes that you may notice.  Messages will no longer
be tagged with Informix-List-ID's, and message headers will no longer
contain "X-Informix-List-ID" lines.  Gatewayed messages will have
"X-List-Gateway:" header lines listing their source, either "informix-list"
or "comp.databases.informix".

If you are now making use of the "X-Informix-List-ID" header lines to
route or filter your e-mail, you should be able to make similar use of

be part of each message coming from the list.

Mike Reetz and I will be working to phase in these changes over the next
couple of weeks.  The first step will be to complete the testing of the
mail-to-news gateway, which will begin Monday, July 7.  We'll keep you
posted on our progress.

That's about it for now.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Walt.

--

Emory University              UUCP: {...,gatech,rutgers,uunet}!emory!rmy!walt

Atlanta, GA  30329  USA      Voice: +1 404 727 0648

2. Comparison of text datatype attributes

3. Informix Jobs Mail List >>Join our mail list

4. Has this record been modified since you started editing it?

5. Unable to browse cubes and dimensions

6. Informix Mailing List moving today

7. MySQL/PHP/JavaScript ?

8. Informix Mailing List has moved

9. Informix mailing list moving

10. Approach Users Mailing List FAQ, Part 1/2

11. Approach Users Mailing List FAQ, Part 2/2