Cannot find message file!

Post by mus.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi

I encountered the following error when I try to intialize the Informix
instance.

 Cannot find message file. Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG.$

This INFORMIXDIR is correct whereas I'm note sure about DBLANG.$
variable.
I had installed the Informix on the same machine [Sun E450] earlier but
this the difference is only that we are using Hardware Mirroring where
4x 18GB Physical disks are converted into 6 x 11.21GB to overcome the
Informix limit of 2GB chunk size.

Any suggestions?

Thanx

Muhammad Usman

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Cannot find message file!

Post by Kevin Zo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

DBLANG means DBLANGUAGES. Informix use this variable to find msg file. if
you intend to use english, do following see if works.
cp $INFORMIXDIR/msg/en_us/0333/*  $INFORMIXDIR/msg

>Hi

>I encountered the following error when I try to intialize the Informix
>instance.

> Cannot find message file. Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG.$

>This INFORMIXDIR is correct whereas I'm note sure about DBLANG.$
>variable.
>I had installed the Informix on the same machine [Sun E450] earlier but
>this the difference is only that we are using Hardware Mirroring where
>4x 18GB Physical disks are converted into 6 x 11.21GB to overcome the
>Informix limit of 2GB chunk size.

>Any suggestions?

>Thanx

>Muhammad Usman

>Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
>Before you buy.

Cannot find message file!

Post by Matthew H Devlin II » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have seen this problem after uprading or installing in the proper order
if installing develpment tools, or i-connect.  Or not fully installing one
product before moving on to the next.

> Hi

> I encountered the following error when I try to intialize the Informix
> instance.

>  Cannot find message file. Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG.$

> This INFORMIXDIR is correct whereas I'm note sure about DBLANG.$
> variable.
> I had installed the Informix on the same machine [Sun E450] earlier but
> this the difference is only that we are using Hardware Mirroring where
> 4x 18GB Physical disks are converted into 6 x 11.21GB to overcome the
> Informix limit of 2GB chunk size.

> Any suggestions?

> Thanx

> Muhammad Usman

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

1. oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

Hallo!

I have a problem during initialisation of IDS 7.31 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
platform.
When I dry oninit -i the message "Cannot find message file" appears.

The installed IDS on SCO around 10 time on other machine and I had no
problems. So I think the enviroment and also the onconfig is correctly set.

Maybe someone had a idea...

Thanks, Gnter

CDSPELL=cdspell

CLIENT_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

COLLCHAR=0

COLUMNS=80

DBDATE=DMY4/

DBLANG=2

DBMONEY=.

DB_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

ENGINE=ONLINE

ENV=/etc/kshrc

ERRNO=13

FCEDIT=/bin/ed

HOME=/usr2/users/informix

HUSHLOGIN=FALSE

HZ=100

IFS='

'

INFORMIXDIR=/usr2/program/inf7

INFORMIXSERVER=viper

LANG=german_germany.8859

LC_COLLATE=german_germany.8859

LINENO=1

LINES=24

LOGNAME=informix

MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/informix

MAILCHECK=600

MSG_MAIL=1

MS_PROFILE=1

OLDPWD=/usr2/users/informix

ooefire

OPTARG

OPTIND=1

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:.:/usr2/program/inf7/bin

PPID=6038

PS2='> '

PS3='#? '

PS4='+ '

PWD=/usr2/program/inf7

RANDOM=4915

SECONDS=475

SERVER_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

SHELL=/bin/ksh

TERM=r2

TMOUT=0

TZ=CET-1CETDST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0/1

USER=informix

2. Move production databases to another freshly installed SQL2K Server

3. cannot find message files

4. Sybase JDBC Driver needed

5. cannot find message file

6. D3 datafiles to OMNIS

7. URGENT: cannot find message file -Informix 7.3

8. Simple Problem - Need solution

9. oninit Cannot find message file

10. oninit - .Cannot find message file

11. Error: Cannot find message file....

12. Cannot find message file

13. IDS : 7.24 UC5 Cannot find message file.