Using NewEra 3.0 I'm unable to connect a database using ODBC

Using NewEra 3.0 I'm unable to connect a database using ODBC

Post by Hans Beu » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi there,

After installing NewEra 3.0 on a Window-95 machine, I sadly came to
the conclusion that I'm unable to connect to the local SE.

Although i performed the instructions from the installation guide.
After contact with the Informix department they assured me that the
problem is caused by the 16-bits ODBC driver that is installed on this
machine.

Now I have 2 questions for you:

1) How can i de-instal the 16-bit ODBC driver without having to
re-install Windows-95 completly ?

2) Does anybody know another solution ?

newsgroup.

Thanks in advance ......

1. Using Java client-side applet to connect to database using Netscape Enterprise 3.0

I've working with Netscape Enterprise Server 3.0 and looking for method
to connect and working with database (especially Informix 7.xx) using
Java applets.

The question is :
Is it possible to connect to database in other way then using
server-side JavaScript. I need method to invoke database function (like
connect,execute) from client-side Java applet. Maybe I can use Corba and
Wai to create serwer which can serve mi data from database.

Has anyone even attempted something like this before? Any pointers to
web pages or insights from experienced programmers would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam

2. sp_OACreate 'CDO.Message' fails

3. Connecting VB 4/5 to Ingres database using Intersolv's DataDirect ODBC drivers

4. Hash joins causing poor performance

5. unable to connect to db using odbc once ado 2.6 is installed

6. evaluation of OODBMS

7. unable to connect to database using iPlanet

8. RESYNC ADODC How?

9. First time using Informix Online DS 7.23 and NewEra 3.0

10. NewEra 3.0, Who is the OEM for the grid being used

11. Can't Connect Via ODBC using dynamic port

12. Can't connect using ODBC

13. Can't Connect To SQL Using ODBC over ISDN