SMART by Informix?

Post by Jack Park » Fri, 16 Apr 1993 01:48:10

I am reluctant to post this because my knowledge is VERY sketchy on SMART
but here's a clue.

Not actually by Informix - Informix purchased the company which wrote
SMART which in itself is/was kind of like MS WORKS - a spreadsheet - a word
processor - an RDBMS and one other horizontal app which I forget now.  This
is probably the group they used to develop Wingz.  They may have tried
early on to link it directly to Informix - but I have'nt truly run into it -
just hearsay.

j.
Jack Parker - Contractor               |
Hewlett Packard, BSMC Boise, Idaho, USA| If you keep staring at it like that,

(208) 323-5388 (W)  (208) 384-1623 (H) |          into the bark.

SMART by Informix?

Post by Alan Popi » Fri, 16 Apr 1993 02:18:06

->Subject: SMART by Informix?

->Date: Wed, 14 Apr 93 10:14:10 MDT
->
->_____________________________________________________________________________
->Jack Parker - Contractor               |
->Hewlett Packard, BSMC Boise, Idaho, USA| If you keep staring at it like that,

->(208) 323-5388 (W)  (208) 384-1623 (H) |          into the bark.
->_____________________________________________________________________________
->

My understanding of this product set, also called "SMARTware", is consistent
with Jack's discussion.  I saw the SMARTware products years ago, before
Informix acquired them.  They were an adequate, but not exceptional, set of
integrated tools, indeed very much like MS-WORKS.  I do not know whether they
were the progenitors of WingZ; I thought that was acquired separately, but I
may be mistaken.

I believe that WingZ itself is being discontinued after the current/next
release, and only the HyperScript tools will be retained as a product by
Informix.  In other words, Informix is getting back out of the spreadsheet
market, but keeping the tools which serve as a useful front-end to the DB.

Regards,
Alan
+------------------------------+---------------------------------------+

| Martin Marietta, LSC         | ( Please note: My opinions do not   ) |
| P.O. Box 179, M/S 5422       | ( represent official Martin policy. ) |
| Denver, Colorado 80201-0179  | Voice: 303-977-9998                   |
+------------------------------+---------------------------------------+

1. How to empty associated smart browser when smart viewer is emptied

Within a V8 window I have a smart browser associated with a smart viewer
using a smart query.

To empty the viewer I use the statement:
RUN dispatch IN THIS-PROCEDURE ('add-record'):U

The problem is that the browser still displays old records though the viewer
is already empty. How can I empty the smart browser (or smart query) too?

Thanks in advance

Pius

2. Essbase Disconnectivity

3. Smart II - Informix for DOS

4. ga 9.2 Debugger

5. worked example of creating smart large object with INFORMIX-CLI 2.8

6. System error 28 on sun 1000

7. Smart Card Authentication to Informix Webblade

8. MTS 2.0 MMC Interfaces Folder

9. SMART by Informix??