Smart Card Authentication to Informix Webblade

Smart Card Authentication to Informix Webblade

Post by Jeroen van Velze » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Does anyone know of an Informix WebBlade smart card authentication
solution and/or knows if there are implementations of such systems ?

Smart Card Authentication to Informix Webblade

Post by Mike Sege » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Jeroen van Velzen
Quote:

> Does anyone know of an Informix WebBlade smart card authentication
> solution and/or knows if there are implementations of such systems ?

You must be dreaming right?

Informix was on the smartcard forum, but they jumped ship in '97.

What did you want to do with your smart card? What type of
authentication?
Are we talking bio-metrics? E-commerce? Telephony?

Thats the fun part. Then again, which reader?

You need to be a bit more specific as to what you are looking for.

-Mikey

--
#include <std_disclaimer.h>               /* Mike Segel (MS385) */
#include <No_Spam.h>

We are blocking  all of their domains at the packet level.
This block will exist until they modify their policies to
conform to existing RFCs and net community standards.

We encourage all ISPs and domain holders to do the same.
*****************************

Smart Card Authentication to Informix Webblade

Post by Jeroen van Velze » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

It's an E-commerce solution: customer support via an extranet. Standard
security specs: Identification,authentication, authenticity and
non-repudiation.

It doesn't really matter what kind of card or reader. I presume it will all
have to do with getting an Interface between Informix and a CMS. My primary
interest is a (preferred standard) solution which is supported by Informix.

Is the HP-solution (Praesidium/Imaginecard) solid ? Does any1 have
experience with this or other solutions ? i.e. what can you recommend ?

> Jeroen van Velzen

> > Does anyone know of an Informix WebBlade smart card authentication
> > solution and/or knows if there are implementations of such systems ?
> You must be dreaming right?

> Informix was on the smartcard forum, but they jumped ship in '97.

> What did you want to do with your smart card? What type of
> authentication?
> Are we talking bio-metrics? E-commerce? Telephony?

> Thats the fun part. Then again, which reader?

> You need to be a bit more specific as to what you are looking for.

> -Mikey

> --
> #include <std_disclaimer.h>             /* Mike Segel (MS385) */
> #include <No_Spam.h>
> #ifdef OFFENDED_BY_CONTENT
> The author takes no responsibility for this post.
> Any resembalence to a coherent  rational thought is purely coincidence.
> -The Management.
> #endif
> *****************************
> * Attention *
> -*- Due to AGIS's Refusal to Act Responsibly

> We are blocking  all of their domains at the packet level.
> This block will exist until they modify their policies to
> conform to existing RFCs and net community standards.

> We encourage all ISPs and domain holders to do the same.
> *****************************

1. smart card reader, magnetic stripe card reader

OFFER: [TW,CN] smart card reader, magnetic stripe card reader

Castles Automation Co. Ltd. is one of the leading manufacturers and
exporters of Point of Sales (P.O.S.) system, peripheral, and Smart Card
Reader in Taiwan.. Currently, there are 5 departments in Castles: R&D
department, sales & marketing department, purchasing department, produc-
tion department and accounting department.. Ever since Castles' establish-
ment, we've devoted ourselves to using all the available resources
efficiently in order to provide our customers with quality products.
Under the support of our professional R&D team, we are able to accept
OEM and ODM cases as well.. Our goal is to provide our customers with
quality products that keep up with global trends and best service.

Company:         Castles Automation Co., Ltd.
Contact:        Ervin Wang

Phone:  886-2-26485929
Fax:    886-2-26485928
Address:        4F-1, No.100, Chung Shin Rd.,
                Taipei Hsien, Taiwan, R.O.C.
===================================
Posted by Taiwan Products On-line
http://manufacture.com.tw/
===================================

2. No Icons and Bitmaps with Developer Forms Server and OAS4.0.7

3. user authentication on ius 9.14 / netscape / webblade

4. built fulltext

5. Interfacing with a smart card in VB ??

6. Help! VB and MSSQL stored procedure

7. Smart Cards

8. Credit Card authentication software, Oracle8, Solaris2.6, Web Application Server

9. Fox and Credit Card Authentication

10. How to empty associated smart browser when smart viewer is emptied

11. Smart II - Informix for DOS