how to find whether informix 32 bits or 64 bits

how to find whether informix 32 bits or 64 bits

Post by Kokane Rajesh, IB » Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:35:54

Hi

How can I find whether my informix ver. is 32 bits or 64bits ? I searched
release note, but nowhere it has mentioned. Our informix is ver. 7.24UC3.

Kindly reply

Thanks in Advance....................
Rajesh Kokane
IGSI

how to find whether informix 32 bits or 64 bits

Post by allen » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 01:05:49

The "U" in your version number indicates that you have 32-bit informix
software intended to run on a 32-bit OS.

An "H" is 32 and 32/64

An "F" is 64 and 64.

HTH

Allen

> Hi

> How can I find whether my informix ver. is 32 bits or 64bits ? I searched
> release note, but nowhere it has mentioned. Our informix is ver. 7.24UC3.

> Kindly reply

> Thanks in Advance....................
> Rajesh Kokane
> IGSI

how to find whether informix 32 bits or 64 bits

Post by panka » Fri, 06 Apr 2001 23:28:02

It is 32 bit.

Check google for past threads on this topic  or informix site. There is a
document which tells you how the versioning works
http://www.informix.com/informix/services/ilink/plc/plc.htm#faq

Pankaj

Quote:

> Hi

> How can I find whether my informix ver. is 32 bits or 64bits ? I searched
> release note, but nowhere it has mentioned. Our informix is ver. 7.24UC3.

> Kindly reply

> Thanks in Advance....................
> Rajesh Kokane
> IGSI

1. Informix 64 bits versus 32 bits

Is it worth it upgrading Informix from a 32-bits platform to a 64-bits
one? I am migrating my Informix version 7.31 to another server, which is
64 bits, and I was wondering if I would have any significant performance
improvement on doing it.

- Paty

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. Sort

3. Informix 32 bits or 64 bits??

4. Good book on storage values for table creation?

5. DB design ques. - unlimited billing/shipping locations for e-commerce app.

6. Upgrading from 8.1.5 32 bits to 8.1.6 64 bits

7. Migrating from 32-bits to 64-bits

8. converting 32 to 64 bits oracle hpux 11

9. DB2 7.2 64/32 bits connectivity?

10. C++ builder / intrabuilder / ODBC 32 bits / ODBC 16 bits

11. 16 bits and 32 bits application