HELP - Fast Recovery for hours

HELP - Fast Recovery for hours

Post by Gary Quirin » Mon, 30 Sep 2002 10:09:00



Our Sun box (Solaris 7) had a CPU failure, rebooted with two less
CPU's, but the Informix 7.31UC6 is stuck in Fast Recovery for hours.
What can I do?

Thanks
Gary Quiring

 
 
 

HELP - Fast Recovery for hours

Post by neil trub » Mon, 30 Sep 2002 22:13:51


Is anything happening?
For example, do onstat -p and onstat -D show any i/o activity?


Quote:> Our Sun box (Solaris 7) had a CPU failure, rebooted with two less
> CPU's, but the Informix 7.31UC6 is stuck in Fast Recovery for hours.
> What can I do?

> Thanks
> Gary Quiring


 
 
 

HELP - Fast Recovery for hours

Post by Gary Quirin » Tue, 01 Oct 2002 02:45:33


On Sun, 29 Sep 2002 14:13:51 +0100, "neil truby"


>Is anything happening?
>For example, do onstat -p and onstat -D show any i/o activity?

I was finally able to get the Informix emergency number from someone.
They have been working on the problem for the last 6 hours.

Gary

 
 
 

HELP - Fast Recovery for hours

Post by Paul Watso » Tue, 01 Oct 2002 19:08:34


If the box is quiet, ie no CPU or Disk activity stopping and restarting
the engine can sometimes clear this - sometime you can get stuck in
Fast Recovery, but you need to be 100% sure nothing is happening.


> Our Sun box (Solaris 7) had a CPU failure, rebooted with two less
> CPU's, but the Informix 7.31UC6 is stuck in Fast Recovery for hours.
> What can I do?

> Thanks
> Gary Quiring

--
Paul Watson             #          
Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory
Tel: +44 1436 672201    # Growing up is optional
Fax: +44 1436 678693    #
www.oninit.com          #
 
 
 

HELP - Fast Recovery for hours

Post by David William » Wed, 02 Oct 2002 07:48:39



Quote:> If the box is quiet, ie no CPU or Disk activity stopping and restarting
> the engine can sometimes clear this - sometime you can get stuck in
> Fast Recovery, but you need to be 100% sure nothing is happening.

  What does onstat - give? onstat -g act? onstat -m?

> > Our Sun box (Solaris 7) had a CPU failure, rebooted with two less
> > CPU's, but the Informix 7.31UC6 is stuck in Fast Recovery for hours.
> > What can I do?

> > Thanks
> > Gary Quiring

> --
> Paul Watson             #
> Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory
> Tel: +44 1436 672201    # Growing up is optional
> Fax: +44 1436 678693    #
> www.oninit.com          #

 
 
 

1. How fast is fast recovery on V5

Hi

We have been waiting 7 hours for a recovery to complete from what looks
like 3.75 log files on Informix V5.3 with 2k page size.

There had been some substantial deletes etc. just before it went down.

Is this to be expected - shall we cut our losses and go back to a recent
level 0.

Thanks in anticipation

2. UK -Berkshire - Oracle/C/C++ Developer

3. Hours and Minutes to Hours Decimal = Need Help

4. Pick Reply Summary

5. long fast recovery

6. Help w/ SQL ADMIN Replication Test Question

7. Slow 'Fast Recovery'

8. In Memory Databases Vs. Oracle

9. Fatal Error just as Fast Recovery finishes

10. Initializing without fast recovery?

11. Fast Recovery and ON/OFF_RECOVERY_THREADS

12. Fast Recovery test