Using an Exabyte 2.3 GB tape drive for archives and logs

Using an Exabyte 2.3 GB tape drive for archives and logs

Post by Doug Konr » Thu, 01 Oct 1992 04:15:09

I am considering the purchase of an Exabyte 2.3 GB tape drive (8mm
video) for my system. I'm wondering what your experiences are with this
device, when archiving your informix system, or backing up logical logs.
Are there any problems?

Doug Konrad
Dr. T. A. Kasper and Associates Medical Laboratories

(403)426-4160

1. Backing Up Large DBs Using Digital 20 GB Tape Drives

Platform: Digital Unix 3.2d / Backup Server 11.0.1

Trying to Backup large databases and could use some advie.

What are your dump devices configured at?  Sybase Recommends 70%
capacity, should I configure at 14 GB for a 20 GB device?

Have any benchmarks been done with Compression on and off and what are
your results ?

Would you always want to use maximum blocksize on the output device ?

How has striping affected performance and is there a particular number
of stripes which seem effective ?

Thanks
Daniel Sabourin

2. Combo Box Problem

3. solaris and exabyte 8500 tape drive

4. URGENT HELP NEEDED:Triggers

5. Tape drive or No tape drive ?

6. HELP!!! RDO and SQL Server 6.5

7. Archiving an NT instance to HP-UX tape drive

8. Using other database tables in a query

9. On Archive and DLT tape drives

10. Archive (Python) DAT Tape drive

11. ARCHIVE TAPE DRIVES - QIC02 FORMAT

12. ARCHIVE 2150L TAPE DRIVE - QIC 02 FORMAT

13. SQLNet 2.3 & Network Drive