7.12 engine crashes on SCO Openserver 5

Post by Koen Van der Els » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have three Compaq  Machines running SCO Openserver 5 release 5.00b

Compaq ProSignia, 64 Mb, Informix  7.12 UC1 development
Compaq ProLiant 4500, dual 133 Mhz Pentium, 64 Mb, 7.12 UC2 run-time
Compaq ProLiant 5000, dual 166Mhz Pentium Pro, 128 Mb, 7.12 UC2 run-time

In four days time al three engines crashed with the same error in the
online.log file. A problem with shared memory followed by bad magic
numbers, problems with a memory allocation in a certain C - source and then
boom. Engine gone. DB *ed up. Nice.
This happend on al 3 servers.
It happend on the ProLiant while performing a alter table using dbaccess
and on the ProSignia while performing a select. All tables accessed during
the crash are FUBAR. Oncheck reports constraint problems and
index-corruption.
Informix Belgium informed me that this could be a bug in release 7.12,
sometimes experienced on SCO and HP-UX platforms.

Anybody experienced the same problems ???

I will post the online.log files if anybody would like to examine them.
--
Koen

7.12 engine crashes on SCO Openserver 5

Post by David William » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>I have three Compaq  Machines running SCO Openserver 5 release 5.00b

>Compaq ProSignia, 64 Mb, Informix  7.12 UC1 development
>Compaq ProLiant 4500, dual 133 Mhz Pentium, 64 Mb, 7.12 UC2 run-time
>Compaq ProLiant 5000, dual 166Mhz Pentium Pro, 128 Mb, 7.12 UC2 run-time

>In four days time al three engines crashed with the same error in the
>online.log file. A problem with shared memory followed by bad magic
>numbers, problems with a memory allocation in a certain C - source and then
>boom. Engine gone. DB *ed up. Nice.
>This happend on al 3 servers.
>It happend on the ProLiant while performing a alter table using dbaccess
>and on the ProSignia while performing a select. All tables accessed during
>the crash are FUBAR. Oncheck reports constraint problems and
>index-corruption.
>Informix Belgium informed me that this could be a bug in release 7.12,
>sometimes experienced on SCO and HP-UX platforms.

>Anybody experienced the same problems ???

>I will post the online.log files if anybody would like to examine them.

   Yes please/
--
David Williams

7.12 engine crashes on SCO Openserver 5

Post by Koen Van der Els » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:

>    Yes please/

I will post them this weekend. Sorry, but three crashed db's and a
dead-line keep me busy.

Koen

7.12 engine crashes on SCO Openserver 5

Post by Koen Van der Els » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

As promised : 2 online.logs from the "dead" servers, the 3rd file is almost
identical

  logs.zip
12K Download