PREPARE/EXECUTE core dumps in 4GL

Post by granadame.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

We are using RDS 7.3 and we are getting core dumps on PREPARED
insert/delete/update statements - but not all the time.  We have solved
some with making the variable holding the statement larger, but then
the execute may fail.

Has anybody else had this problem and if so did they find a consistent
fix?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

PREPARE/EXECUTE core dumps in 4GL

Post by David William » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

writes

Quote:>We are using RDS 7.3 and we are getting core dumps on PREPARED
>insert/delete/update statements - but not all the time.  We have solved
>some with making the variable holding the statement larger, but then
>the execute may fail.

>Has anybody else had this problem and if so did they find a consistent
>fix?

  Known bug, apparently fixed in 4GL 7.30.UC2 (Although I have not had
  a chance to try it yet.

Quote:

--
David Williams

1. core dump on a prepare statement

Hi all,

We have a client that can core dump sql server when our code prepares, but
does not execute a statement.  The prepare statement will throw an error,
then based upon this error we complete our sql.  No other machines do this.
Any thoughts outside the obvious service packs, mdacs, etc?

lockjaw

2. El Problemo del file exporto en dumpo em ASCII formato....

3. 4GL RUN command core dumping V7.30.FC7

4. Disk House Keeping

5. Core dump during compile Informix 4GL 7.30.FD4P1 on Tru64 V5.1A

6. Computing Coordinator Mayo Foundation (Rochester, MN)

7. 4gl Intermittent core dumps

8. Sql Server with VisualC++

9. 4GL length() core dumping in 7.30.UC5

10. Informix 4GL Core Dumps Fixed!

11. Core dump well into 4GL application ( Linux )

12. 4GL en Linux (Core Dump)

13. core dumps with 4gl program