Burning PA downloads to CD

Post by Jeff » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 00:07:33

I just downloaded IDS 9.40FC2 for Solaris. I am trying to
use Nero on my PC to burn a CD to use for installation.
When I burn the CD and then mount it under Solaris, the
directory names are all lower case, which completely screws
up the install script. I've tried several combinations of
ISO 9660 options in Nero, but the directories always show
up as lower case under Solaris.

Has anybody done this sucessfully?

Thanks

--
Jeff
jlar310 at yahoo

Burning PA downloads to CD

Post by Paul Watso » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 17:18:09

Which directories should be in uppercase? I've a 9.30
in front of me and at fiest glance they appear to all lowercase.

Try Zipping up the install, put that on the CD instead.
Copy the installation to a Sun machine, mount that back to the PC
and burn over the network - works well for me.  Just doing a 7.31.UD6
that way at the moment

--
Paul Watson             #
Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory

1. burn data on CD

HI All
I have a db with 5 year data. I want to save space by
burning the first 3 years data on CD and leave the last 2
years data on db (production). Can I create a removable db
using CD to keep the first 3 year data so at any time
anyone want to access this data they can do it on CD? Does
anyone know how to do it?

Cheers
Ken

2. Trigger question

3. Burning a SQL Server2000 Datawarehouse on to a CD

4. dstartio error

5. How-to burn oracle CD

6. DBCtrlGrid in Delphi Desktop 2.0

7. burning a solution on a a CD

8. rint() replacement

9. cross-platform CD burn

10. Burning CD converts Solution to Read Only!!

11. CD-ROM burning problem...

12. SQL Server 2000 Eval Edition Download - CD Key?

13. CD-KEY for Downloaded Evaluation SQL2K