ODBC

Post by Benjamin GUINEBERTIER » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

How can I connect an ODBC driver to an informix database server?
What should I install
- on the server side,
- on the client side?

Are there different drivers? What are their advantages? What is the price?
Where could I buy it?

Thank's in advance for your answers.

Benjamin GUINEBERTIERE

ODBC

Post by Allan Goul » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> How can I connect an ODBC driver to an informix database server?
> What should I install
> - on the server side,
> - on the client side?

> Are there different drivers? What are their advantages? What is the price?
> Where could I buy it?

> Thank's in advance for your answers.

> Benjamin GUINEBERTIERE

You could try our ODBC driver: SCO SQL-Retriever; it will connect
happily to Informix (v4-7 SE/OnLine) on many different UNIX platforms.
You need software on PC and on UNIX, but everything you need except
TCP/Ip is provided.  Take a look at
http://www.sco.com/vision/products/sqlretriever/ for more information
and a downloadable eval.

Allan Gould
(allang at sco dot com)
(Please remove anti-spam measures if replying)

ODBC

Post by Lee Edsal » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>Are there different drivers? What are their advantages? What is the price?

There are many different drivers available.  I recommend OpenLink's drivers.
They have multi tier versions which require software to be installed on the
client and on the server.  They have free eval versions available at their
web site: http://www.openlinksw.com

Regards,
Lee Edsall