onbar and logical log backup to disk

Post by DEEPA_SANKARANARA.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

     Hi

     I am using onbar with omniback for backup. I would like to backup my
     logical logs to disk instead of tape.
     I would need to backup logical logs every hour or ad-hoc using
     log_full.sh.

     My retention period on disk is 4 days.

     I don't want to create one huge file containing all logical logs
     backed up.

     Do I have to create 24X4 barlists?(No!!!) Is there another better way
     to do this? I tried copying the physical file to another name
     immediately after backup, but restore does'nt work smoothly.

     Anybody done this before?

     Thanks

     Deepa

1. OnBar -Logical logs in a separate file( on disk)

     Hi,

          My Env: HP-UX 10.20 / IDS 7.30.UC7X9 / HP OmniBack II A.02.55

     I am using onbar with omniback for backup. I would like to backup my
     logical logs to disk instead of tape. I would need to backup logical
     logs every hour or ad-hoc using log_full.sh.

     My retention period on disk is 4 days.

     I don't want to create one huge file containing all logical logs
     backed up.

     Do I have to create 24X4 barlists?(No!!!) Is there another better way
     to do this? I tried copying the physical file to another name
     immediately after backup, but restore doesn't work smoothly.

     Anybody done this before? Any help/pointer in this regard is greatly
     appreciated

     Thanks
     uma

2. document failed to print due to GDI/Driver error in rendering

3. OnBar/DLT (was Logical Logs to Disk?)

4. Rollback ?'s

5. Logical logs filesystem backup - ONBAR with Veritas NetBackup....

6. changing device usage for tempdb

7. Onbar & Logical Logs backup

8. Help!!! Linking an Outlook contact database with SQL Server

9. Logical log backup problem using ONBAR

10. Backup Logical Logs to Disk

11. Archive / Logical Log Backup To Disk

12. Ontape/ logical log backup to disk