Cannot find message file

Post by Guy Dille » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I'm trying to initialize an Online Dynamic Server v7.3 database on a Linux
box (RedHat 6.0).

"When running oninit -i I receive the following error message:
Cannot find message file. Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG."

My INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix
I tried already several settings for my DBLANG
e.g. DBLANG=$INFORMIXDIR/msg/en_us/0333
DBLANG=/msg/en_us/0333

Anyone can help me on this?

Thanks

Guy Dillen

Cannot find message file

Post by Art S. Kage » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Yes just unset DBLANG and proceed.  The default setting is all you need, so
no setting at all.

Art S. Kagel

> I'm trying to initialize an Online Dynamic Server v7.3 database on a Linux
> box (RedHat 6.0).

> "When running oninit -i I receive the following error message:
> Cannot find message file. Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG."

> My INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix
> I tried already several settings for my DBLANG
> e.g. DBLANG=$INFORMIXDIR/msg/en_us/0333
> DBLANG=/msg/en_us/0333

> Anyone can help me on this?

> Thanks

> Guy Dillen

Cannot find message file

Post by Guy Dille » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

After un-setting the env var DBLANG, the problem remains.
Any idea what goes wrong?

Thanks
Guy Dillen

> Yes just unset DBLANG and proceed.  The default setting is all you need,
so
> no setting at all.

> Art S. Kagel

> > I'm trying to initialize an Online Dynamic Server v7.3 database on a
Linux
> > box (RedHat 6.0).

> > "When running oninit -i I receive the following error message:
> > Cannot find message file. Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG."

> > My INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix
> > I tried already several settings for my DBLANG
> > e.g. DBLANG=$INFORMIXDIR/msg/en_us/0333
> > DBLANG=/msg/en_us/0333

> > Anyone can help me on this?

> > Thanks

> > Guy Dillen

Cannot find message file

Post by Guy Dille » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Although Informix documentation mentions installation order isn't important;
my problem with the mentioned problem is solved by re-installing ODS (after
I4GL and ISQL were installed).

> After un-setting the env var DBLANG, the problem remains.
> Any idea what goes wrong?

> Thanks
> Guy Dillen

> > Yes just unset DBLANG and proceed.  The default setting is all you need,
> so
> > no setting at all.

> > Art S. Kagel

> > > I'm trying to initialize an Online Dynamic Server v7.3 database on a
> Linux
> > > box (RedHat 6.0).

> > > "When running oninit -i I receive the following error message:
> > > Cannot find message file. Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG."

> > > My INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix
> > > I tried already several settings for my DBLANG
> > > e.g. DBLANG=$INFORMIXDIR/msg/en_us/0333
> > > DBLANG=/msg/en_us/0333

> > > Anyone can help me on this?

> > > Thanks

> > > Guy Dillen

Cannot find message file

Post by Dirk Niemeie » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi Guy,

Guy Dillen schrieb:

Quote:> Although Informix documentation mentions installation order isn't important;

That's not right. The Installation Guide for Unix Products describes the order
of installation
1. Application development tools
2. SQL API's
3. Database Servers
4. Additional products
and every time in order from oldest to newest version.

Dirk

> my problem with the mentioned problem is solved by re-installing ODS (after
> I4GL and ISQL were installed).

> > After un-setting the env var DBLANG, the problem remains.
> > Any idea what goes wrong?

> > Thanks
> > Guy Dillen

> > > Yes just unset DBLANG and proceed.  The default setting is all you need,
> > so
> > > no setting at all.

> > > Art S. Kagel

> > Linux

1. oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

Hallo!

I have a problem during initialisation of IDS 7.31 on SCO OpenServer 5.0.5
platform.
When I dry oninit -i the message "Cannot find message file" appears.

The installed IDS on SCO around 10 time on other machine and I had no
problems. So I think the enviroment and also the onconfig is correctly set.

Maybe someone had a idea...

Thanks, Gnter

CDSPELL=cdspell

CLIENT_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

COLLCHAR=0

COLUMNS=80

DBDATE=DMY4/

DBLANG=2

DBMONEY=.

DB_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

ENGINE=ONLINE

ENV=/etc/kshrc

ERRNO=13

FCEDIT=/bin/ed

HOME=/usr2/users/informix

HUSHLOGIN=FALSE

HZ=100

IFS='

'

INFORMIXDIR=/usr2/program/inf7

INFORMIXSERVER=viper

LANG=german_germany.8859

LC_COLLATE=german_germany.8859

LINENO=1

LINES=24

LOGNAME=informix

MAIL=/usr/spool/mail/informix

MAILCHECK=600

MSG_MAIL=1

MS_PROFILE=1

OLDPWD=/usr2/users/informix

ooefire

OPTARG

OPTIND=1

PATH=/bin:/usr/bin:.:/usr2/program/inf7/bin

PPID=6038

PS2='> '

PS3='#? '

PS4='+ '

PWD=/usr2/program/inf7

RANDOM=4915

SECONDS=475

SERVER_LOCALE=german_germany.8859

SHELL=/bin/ksh

TERM=r2

TMOUT=0

TZ=CET-1CETDST,M3.5.0/1,M10.5.0/1

USER=informix

2. (Mac) 4D ---> Access (MS on PC)

3. cannot find message files

4. Can't Load Paradox. Help!

5. cannot find message file

6. Datagrid with ADO

7. URGENT: cannot find message file -Informix 7.3

8. QUestions

9. oninit Cannot find message file

10. oninit - .Cannot find message file

11. Error: Cannot find message file....

12. Cannot find message file!

13. IDS : 7.24 UC5 Cannot find message file.