Help: Archivng/logging on tape causes the console to go down.

Help: Archivng/logging on tape causes the console to go down.

Post by Boris Niyazo » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I have Informix OnLine 5.07.UC2 installed on Ultra Enterprize 2 (Solaris 2.5.1)
The problem I encounter is that when I run continous backup or archive the
console turns off suddenly. The archive ends succesfully but the console never
gets back unless I reboot the machine, so I have to work wrom a remote machine.

Suspecting on my tape drive, I tryed to do archive on remote (different) tape
device - the same effect. On another hand working with tape devices from the
operating sytem seems fine.

Is it OnLine, Solaris or Ultra's bug? Has anybody seen something like that? Any
work around?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Boris Niyazov                               Ph:  212-854-4094
IT Department                               Fax: 212-316-2623

1. Log shipping fall down go boom!

I'm a  log shipping newbie.

I am trying to set up log shipping between two servers in the same workgroup
(no domain).  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work.  The TRN
files are being created correctly and copied over to the target server
correctly.  But then sometimes the restore job on the target server fails
with no explanation.  The infuriating thing is that sometimes it works.

How do I get more details on what is going wrong?  There doesn't seem to be
anything in the error logs except that the databases are out of sync.

Thanks for any tips.

Bob

2. Ingres transaction timeout

3. Auto Paging when SQL Server Goes Down or Goes Up

4. Info on SequeLink wanted

5. HELP !! Server going down

6. 5.0 - File() and long file names with spaces

7. Performance goes down - help please!

8. Unique with null

9. Tape backup and console utility

10. Dumping Database to Tape Without the Console Hastle.

11. SQL 7 transaction log logging directly to tape

12. Help!!! Log tape reading

13. Non-Logged operations causing transaction log restore to fail