Various Informix Errors Pointing To File Corruption - Again

Various Informix Errors Pointing To File Corruption - Again

Post by Fatl » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:49:13

I'm posting this one more time in the hope that someone maybe able to
help.
If you've already posted comments, thank you. I've included the
replies I posted to you suggestions in this version of the post. Any
further suggestions would be appreciated.

Informix Versions

4GL - 4.13.UD1
ESQL- 5.03.UC1
SE  - 5.02

Operating System: SCO OpenServer 5 versions 5.0.4, 5.0.5, 5.0.6

We are experiencing a number of errors;

-211 Cannot read system catalog catalog-table
-242 Could not open database table table-name
-243 Could not position within a table table-name
-244 Could not do a physical-order read to fetch next row
-245 Could not position within a file via an index
-246 Could not do an indexed read to get the next row
-397 System catalog table-name corrupted
-710 Table table-name has been dropped, altered, or renamed
-750 Invalid distribution format found for table_name

on various sites.

Running bcheck as shown that such errors such as -245 don't always
point to
a corrupt .idx file. The -750 is a false report because the table can
be seen
& selected from on another login.

We've tried exporting/importing the database and this has had mixed
results, with some systems being fixed and others not.

No other applications (outside informix) should be writing to the
database table files.

The hardware has been checked out by Hardware Engineers and found not
to have any faults.
The problem systems are also from a range of manufacturers.

I realise that we are using an old version of Informix, but has anyone
had any experience with
these sorts of issues.

Various Informix Errors Pointing To File Corruption - Again

Post by Paul Watso » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 19:05:14

Are the problems consistent with a given user and application i.e

user1 running prog1 always gets a 750

where user2 running prog2 is always OK

--
Paul Watson             #
Oninit Ltd              # Growing old is mandatory

1. Various Informix Errors pointing towards file corruption

[...]

2. Bi-Directional Replication - Updating remote and primary sites & merging the data

3. Various Informix Errors pointing to file corruption

4. TQuery Component Time Formatting.

5. Corruption in Informix C-ISAM file - HELP.

6. Error when trying to use Data Form Wizard

7. Informix -1210 error - again !

8. Practising Designer2000 with PO7 Trial

9. Identity corruption again!

10. Possible file corruption? Error: Repost

11. File corruption under On-Line 5.1 (-245/103 errors)

12. File corruption and a weird error

13. Too Many Open Files Error -- Again