IDS 9.30.UC2E3 doesn't starts

Post by Fernando Oliveir » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 01:11:09

I've just downloaded IDS 9.30.UC2E3 and installed it fine.
But when I try to bring the instance up this message appears on the
message log file.
Does anyone knows what could possibly be happening on my IDS engine ?
Checking the message log after the onint -i I noticed that the engine
couldn't
build the sysmaster database for some error trying to load a library.

Anyone can help me ?

dbaccess: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.4: cannot
open shared object file: No such fildbaccess: error while loading shared
libraries: libncurses.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file
or directory

Anything would help me!
Fernando.

IDS 9.30.UC2E3 doesn't starts

Post by Fernando Orti » Sat, 25 Jan 2003 02:08:20

Hi Tocallo!

You need to install the library libncurses.so.4 or you can make a symlink
from your current version.

# cd /usr/lib
# ll *curses*
# ln -s libncurses.so.5.2 libncurses.so.4

Maybe later you may also need to remove libpthread

# rm -f /var/lib/libpthread.so.0

Of course all asuming you are using Linux ;)

HTH

Fernando Ortiz

> I've just downloaded IDS 9.30.UC2E3 and installed it fine.
> But when I try to bring the instance up this message appears on the
> message log file.
> Does anyone knows what could possibly be happening on my IDS engine ?
> Checking the message log after the onint -i I noticed that the engine
> couldn't
> build the sysmaster database for some error trying to load a library.

> Anyone can help me ?

> dbaccess: error while loading shared libraries: libncurses.so.4: cannot
> open shared object file: No such fildbaccess: error while loading shared
> libraries: libncurses.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory

> Anything would help me!
> Fernando.

1. ids 7.31 won't start after extract of 4gl v7.30

Got a bit of a problem.  Platform hp-ux 10.20

I installed sql v7.20; esql v7.24; 4gl v7.30; ids 7.31 (in that order).  Try
as I might, the IDS server just wouldn't come up.

Started from scratch; same problem.

Started from scratch again, inatlled ids v7.31 on its own, everything fine.
As soon as I extract (i.e. not even install) 4gl v7.30 into $INFORMIXDIR
(in v7.30 installation notes it now says that the order in unimportant), ids
won't come up again.

anything obvious?
thanks
Neil

The text from oninit -v is below:

This action will initialize Informix Dynamic Server;
any existing Informix Dynamic Server databases will NOT be accessible -
Do you wish to continue (y/n)? y

Checking group membership to determine server run modesucceeded

Reading configuration file
'/c1p1/opt/informix/7.31_2/etc/onconfig.4'...succeeded

Creating /INFORMIXTMP/.infxdirs ... succeeded

Creating infos file "/c1p1/opt/informix/7.31_2/etc/.infos.dallas4_shm" ...
"/c1p1/opt/informix/7.31_2/etc/.conf.dallas4_shm" ... succeeded

Writing to infos file ... succeeded

Checking config parameters...succeeded

Allocating and attaching to shared memory...succeeded

Creating resident pool 18406 kbytes...succeeded

Creating buffer pool 50002 kbytes...succeeded

Initializing rhead structure...succeeded

Initializing ASF ...succeeded

Initializing Dictionary Cache and Stored Procedure Cache...Cannot find
message f

ile. Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG.FAILED

2. Speed of Sybase

3. Can't make a backup NT and IDS workgroup 7.30.TC9

4. Help with Libraries

5. RAM device doesn't exist - SQL Server won't start

6. lnls notfound

7. WHERE DATE='2001-05-30'?

8. How many open files in FMP Unlimited?

9. ER/IDS v9.30/Linux Red Hat v8.0

10. Problems droping a procedure in IDS - 9.30.UC1

11. Problem installing Informix IDS 7.30.TCI on Windows 2000

12. AIX 4.3.3.10 + IDS 9.30.UC3

13. Wrong behaviour of Views in IDS 9.30.UC3