lock waitors entry in syslocks

Post by Dhanesh K Veed » Sun, 08 Oct 2000 11:35:11

Informix Gurus,

This is the scenario....

I have three sessions.

Session1: Locked a table TEST in exclusive mode ( Got the lock and
          being locked )

Session2: Trying to lock table TEST in exclusive mode with lock
            mode wait to ???? )    in wait state

Session3: Trying to lock table TEST in exclusive mode with lock
           wait to ???? ) in wait state.

I got entry in syslocks for session1 and session2 with
         owner=sid_of_session1 and waitor=sid_of_session2
but there are no entries in syslocks with waitor name as sid_of_session3.

onstat -k shows only wait by session2 not by session3 BUT
onstat -u gives the right information on both session 2 and session 3
with a lock_wait_flag (L).

IDS7.30.uc8/solaris5.6

Any comments.

Thanks
Dhanesh

http://profiles.msn.com.

Post by Rudy Fernande » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I have three sessions.

> Session1: Locked a table TEST in exclusive mode ( Got the lock and
>           being locked )

> Session2: Trying to lock table TEST in exclusive mode with lock
>             mode wait to ???? )    in wait state

> Session3: Trying to lock table TEST in exclusive mode with lock
>            wait to ???? ) in wait state.

> I got entry in syslocks for session1 and session2 with
>          owner=sid_of_session1 and waitor=sid_of_session2
> but there are no entries in syslocks with waitor name as sid_of_session3.

> onstat -k shows only wait by session2 not by session3 BUT
> onstat -u gives the right information on both session 2 and session 3
> with a lock_wait_flag (L).

syslocks & onstat -k have a single row for each lock taken. If multiple
sessions are waiting on a lock, only one of those "waiters" is shown.

You can determine the various sessions waiting on a locked resource by
querying sysrstcb [hex(lkwait), sid] and figure out who is holding that
resource by querying syslcktab , systxptab  and sysrstcb (examine the
syslocks view definition in $INFORMIXDIR/etc/sysmaster.sql).

Alternatively, you could use the outputs of onstat -u and onstat -k to
figure it out.

Rudy

1. Syslocks become full in a week, pleas help!

We are using a SQL-database with an Access Client as front end. The problem
ist, that the syslocks often become full within a week causing the server to
hang.

Have someone similar problems, or even better, knows someone a solution?

Thanks from
Gnter

2. Security not working at all

3. Negative spid in syslocks

4. Oracle Lite Question

5. select count(*) from master..syslocks

6. Is there a maximum length of a SQL Query string in SQLServer 7.0?

7. syslocks and yssessions

8. Syslocks table

9. syslocks problems

10. Q: Manually fixing syslocks

11. entry/record locking in SQL server using ODBC

12. entry locking in SQL server using ODBC