PLEASE HELP "message file not found"

Post by Lake » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I am running IDS 7.3 on RedHat linux 6.0.

Just today I couldn't bring my database up. It's still down.

I get the error "Message file not found. check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG"
             ( the actual message may have varied slightly)

My INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix    which is correct.

I'm not using DBLANG.

/opt/informix/msg  - all sub directories appear to be intact.

Any ideas ?

Post by John Harma » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I am running IDS 7.3 on RedHat linux 6.0.

> Just today I couldn't bring my database up. It's still down.

> I get the error "Message file not found. check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG"
>              ( the actual message may have varied slightly)

> My INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix    which is correct.

> I'm not using DBLANG.

> /opt/informix/msg  - all sub directories appear to be intact.

> Any ideas ?

        How about MSGPATH in the onconfig.

John

PLEASE HELP "message file not found"

Post by Jonathan Leffle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

The best thing to do would be to check whether all the files
listed in the files list in $INFORMIXDIR/etc (onlinefiles?)
are actually present.  There's a chunk of code in the IIUG
software archives in the utils_jl package for checking this.
It may report some files missing which are actually present
but have been renamed.  At least, it would cut down the list
of possibilities for you.

> I am running IDS 7.3 on RedHat linux 6.0.

> Just today I couldn't bring my database up. It's still down.

> I get the error "Message file not found. check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG"
>              ( the actual message may have varied slightly)

> My INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix    which is correct.

> I'm not using DBLANG.

> /opt/informix/msg  - all sub directories appear to be intact.

> Any ideas ?

ixchkperm(s) would at least verify whether the installation is
correct according to its slightly outdated (simplistic)
interpretation of the files list.

--

Guardian of DBD::Informix v0.95 -- see http://www.perl.com/CPAN
#include <disclaimer.h>

1. Help please: "File not found"

When I try to run a VB3 database application I get the error message "File not found". I
have checked that all the correct versions of DLLs and VBXs are installed and the
database is in the correct directory.
It's not just the EXE file, because I even installed the whole VB3 package and tried to
run the uncompiled program. Data Manager won't work in the newly installed VB either.
Is this a Windows 95 registry problem? What am I missing?
Help, please.

2. HELP: Three problems...

3. oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

4. Bonus\98se\databases\????

5. "DSN not found" problem - please help

6. My textarea form field will not update my stored proc text field

7. ODBC error - "File not found" - Help

8. I/O Problems resulting of ora_dbw0, arch, lgwr processes

9. Help with "File Not Found" error

10. ODBC error "file not found" - help

11. "file".spr is not an object file error message

12. "Data source not found" message

13. reprc.rll "file not found"