oninit - .Cannot find message file

Post by moura » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hi All,

I am using Informix (7.3) for the first time
I successfully installed all products
I followed all steps to run the server (I think so!)
but when running oninit -iyv, I've got the follwoing
messages:

----
Checking group membership to determine server run
modesucceeded
Reading configuration file
'/export/home/pkg/Informix/etc/onconfig.test'...succeeded
Creating /INFORMIXTMP/.infxdirs ... succeeded
Creating infos file
"/export/home/pkg/Informix/etc/.infos.nova_shm" ...
"/export/home/pkg/Informix/etc/.conf.nova_shm" ... succeeded
Writing to infos file ... succeeded
Checking config parameters...succeeded
Allocating and attaching to shared memory...succeeded
Creating resident pool 468 kbytes...succeeded
Creating buffer pool 2002 kbytes...succeeded
Initializing rhead structure...succeeded
Initializing ASF ...succeeded
Initializing Dictionary Cache and Stored Procedure
Cache...Cannot find
message file.  Check INFORMIXDIR and DBLANG.FAILED
----

I set the correct INFORMIXDIR and left DBLANG unset
and even if I set DBLANG to a full path name
/export/home/pkg/Informix/msgfiles
I still got the same problem

Please Help needed urgently

-Mourad

1. oninit Cannot find message file

[...]

2. Syntax Error : Stored Procedure

3. oninit -i: "Cannot find message file"- Error Messages

4. US-TX--PEOPLESOFT DBA NEEDED IN DALLAS, TX

5. cannot find message files

6. Page Header in Reports on last Page ?

7. cannot find message file

8. Installation of MSDE hangs

9. URGENT: cannot find message file -Informix 7.3

10. Error: Cannot find message file....

11. Cannot find message file!

12. Cannot find message file

13. IDS : 7.24 UC5 Cannot find message file.