Maximum report page width

Post by Schno » Sat, 16 Jul 1994 10:38:00

Is there a maximum page width for i4gl reports or a maximum line length
for .ace files.

I have a situation where I need to write a select statement to a file.  A sed
script will then be used to extract the select statement from the file and
insert it into a .ace file template.  Finally the resulting .ace file will
be compiled and the ace report run using sacego.  If I have to, I can write
the select statement in pieces which are less than 80 chars long and
syntactically correct, but doing so will require a fair amount of string
parsing.  If there are no line length limits, writing the select statement
as a single line is _MUCH_ easier.

I will be using i4gl ver. 4.10, and the on-line engine.  Not sure of the
version number for the ace reports (I'm writing this from home) but it was
purchased at the same time as i4gl and Informix On-line.

Maximum report page width

Post by Peter Wiley - Poult » Sat, 16 Jul 1994 17:05:26

 In R4gl, there appears no limit.

I once edited a print statement in a report to change the column number.
Unfortunately, I was in insert mode. The report happily printed lines of
1207 characters until the system ULIMIT kicked in :) Lucky I wasn't running
as root at the time.

Peter Wiley

1. Report width is greater than page width

Can anyone help me with this problem?  I am creating a report with a few
columns
but cannot seem to get past this problem.  I tried reducing the the "width"
property
and the reportwidth property but it didn't seem to help.

2. Oracle? Or Sybase?

3. Printing Problems When Page Height < Page Width

4. Persistence of Login - Instead of Re-logins?

5. Maximum Width property for rows.

6. Memo + On CalcField Event

7. Getting the maximum (character) width of column

8. Can PDOX5.0 import text files containing null characters?

9. Maximum row width returned

10. Maximum result width

11. Maximum result width 2

12. Maximum width query result 2008